Monday, June 22, 2009

The room is painted

The room transformation has started! I have to tell you this past week all of a sudden I felt like I needed to get her room together. The room that I have chosen for her is the smallest bedroom in the house but the closest one to my bedroom and the spare bath.

I thought initially that I would leave her room the soft butter yellow that it was originally painted but after closer inspection I could see that the walls needed to be freshened up. I feared that I would not be able to physically paint the room. I'm the painter he is not. Actually he would rather do anything that paint.

So the other night in an attempt to limit extra work I wanted to pick out the right color the first time. See my painting theory is if you do not like the color the first time then just re-paint it, who cares. Eventually you will find the right color. But because of my arm I wanted it right the first time.

I picked out 3 different colors: cream, silver green and mint green. In the store I liked the mint green the least but I still thought it might look nice. So I made a story board of the 3 colors and the one that I thought I would like the most (silver green) I actually liked the least. The one that I thought I would like the least (mint green) I like the most. Lets face it the cream is beautiful but as my sister would say it is a safe color. She has all her life to have a cream room. As my nieces say white is not a color and that cream is really close to white.

Let the painting begin. I was able to cut in everything and roll out the 2 small walls. Gerard, as much as he dislikes to paint, painted the 2 big walls. I am hoping to get time to touch up some of the trim. I'm making progress.

7 comments:

Melissa said...

I can't wait to see teh completed version. I love green. Colby's room is a green also. But we have a jungle theme going on.
Melissa

Beth said...

I love green, that is the color of my room. Hope you post pictures when you are done. I think my 2 boys will be sharing a room so I won't have to paint the purple room for now.

Amy said...

MUST HAVE PICTURES!!!!

Jecinta says in her thank you note "tell your cousin I said thanks!" -- so she must have gotten confused on our story LOL!!

Amy said...

Can't wait to see the walls and the finish product.

Lakeshore Cottage Living said...

I'm with everyone else...its time to show us the room!

klawellin said...

Cute Blog!!! I just came across yours thru blog frog. I am fairly new to the Blog World! ; )

www.adventureswithaidan.org said...

My kitchen is sage. . .love green! It's very calming, you know. I know this will be a wonderful color for banana.