Sunday, June 14, 2009

The Pot of Gold at the end of the Rainbow

What a day!! First let me tell you I have wheels and I am extremely lucky. I will keep this as a don't ask don't tell ding-dong moment!! Here they are a brand new PT Pincher as we lovingly refer to them. We came up with that game as a variation of the punch buggy game back when there were less punch buggies on the road.


Can you believe I come to Michigan and so many of my Michigan buddies are in Russia!!! This is great news and I will keep them all in my prayers. Even though they are in Russia that has not stopped me from pestering them.

So once I landed in Michigan my cell phone went ring-ring-ring. So of course I answered and guess who was on the other end??? Amy!!! She had some plans and but that did not stop me from barging in to say hello. I got to meet some of her neighbors and family at a graduation party that I crashed for a beautiful very smart young girl.

We got to spend some time just hanging out which was great. Amy is home with her daughter a little over 2 months. Little T is so full of energy and spunk which I love! I find it so amazing that even though her daughter has been home for a short while she does not venture far from Amy. It was great to see. She kept coming back to only Amy for affection, attention and just plain old wanting to tell her "stuff." Little T is a dog hunter she loves to follow but not too closely. What a little sweetheart. Amy thanks for hanging around with me today. I had a great time!

I remember my first blogger meeting with Adrienne, Jim and Owen, even my second and third meeting were great! Amy was telling how cool it was that we got to meet in the flesh and I was telling her about how exciting it was when I got to meet Adrienne and then I got a Ring-Ring-Ring on my phone. You guessed it Adrienne is on her way to the hospital because Miss "A" is in labor!!!! Amy and I were both so excited.

Please pray that Miss "A" has an easy, pain controlled labor and a healthy delivery of the little man. Send a prayer up for Adrienne, Jim and Owen that they may feel God's love during this very special time.

Signing off with some pictures.

I got to see Lake Huron today hopefully I will be able to fit in Lake Michigan in tomorrow. I almost forgot on my drive back to the hotel I followed the rainbow most of the way. I think this is a sign because there is always a pot of gold at the end on the rainbow.

8 comments:

Amy said...

Awesome rainbow - a sign of a great day!!!!

Melissa said...

It sounds like you had a great day. It is great to spend time with friends, especially those we don't see often. I hope the paperwork end of your visit went well too.
Melissa

Rich and Jolynn said...

So sorry we missed you in Michigan, it was for a good reason! Hope you have a safe trip and enjoy exploring the Lower Peninsula of MI.

Rainbows are a super good sign!!

Jo and Rich

Carey and Norman said...

What a fun visit! I too love the time I am able to spend with my adoption/blog friends. It is priceless.

I do hope and pray your pot of gold is found this week!

Lakeshore Cottage Living said...

I am so sorry you had to do all of this travelling, but I think it is so cool you got to see Amy! Great pictures too.

Let the gold be found soon!

Troy and Rachel said...

So glad you got to visit with Amy!! Hoping your get some news soon.

Roger and Joanne said...

How nice for you you got to meet Amy in the flesh! Both of you are so good about blogging. I love to follow along on both of your journeys.
Awesome pictures! You guys look great! But T looks cuter!!!
Glad you had a safe trip.

findingourdaughter said...

I'm so jealous you got to hang out with Amy!! But I'm sure it made the trip a fun diversion. She definitely makes the world a more beautiful place!
I hope you are done with paperwork and you will be back in Russia yourself very soon!
Hugs and God Bless,
Angie