Thursday, June 11, 2009

13 weeks of waiting over on to week 14!!

I know I have been somewhat of a slacker this week but I honestly have gotten a few things done. On the adoption home front I know that some of my papers have or are being reviewed. I did have to change on document so I made another trip to Trenton early this week. I really think this is a good thing or at least that is how I am taking it. To me this means that my paperwork is being looked at so who knows I could be close.

As far as the arm well it still hurts. I have been sleeping better and I am fearful that my night shift ways are long gone. The transition back to work may be hard because I really do like getting up early and getting to bed early. Sleeping with this cast is hard but in the last week I have had more success getting comfortable through the night.

Tomorrow I go to the doctors to see how the healing is progressing. Most of my friends are laughing at me because I have it in my mind that once the cast comes off it will be just like it was. My nephew Aristotle looked at my cast last night and asked if it will ever come off or do I have to keep it forever? 6-year-olds are so cute. I told him that I am hopeful that it will come off and stay off on Friday.

The sweet little boy told "Do not be sad if the doctor wants it to stay on for another couple of days, okay he is the doctor and he knows what he is talking about." His name really does suit him well. He is quite a thinker and some times a stinker.

So as life would have it this week has been pretty good both with adoption activity and the potential removal of my cast.

4 comments:

Kami said...

I am glad to hear your arm is healing! I'm still praying for your court date to come quickly. It won't be long now that your paperwork has made it Russia! :). And now, maybe you won't have to travel with cast! Woo Hoo!

Carey and Norman said...

I'm ready for the countdown to end and for you to receive a little Ring, Ring! Thinking of you and praying for news soon to come.

Melissa said...

Hopefully that cast will come off and the phone will ring. The timing will be just right. Thinking of you and your little one lots.
Melissa

www.adventureswithaidan.org said...

Good luck with the cast coming off and staying off. . .listen to Aristotle, though! : ) What a cutie! Children are really the best. . .can't wait for you to get yours. Prayers continue!

Stacy