Monday, June 15, 2009

What a fast paced trip

I had to turn the keys to the PT pincher over and I have made it through security. The last 24 hours have been great and I actually can say that I really enjoyed my time here in Michigan. I woke up early this morning around 5:30am and started my trip to Jenison which is close to a 3 hour drive from where I was staying. I can now mark it down in my book of experiences that I drove 98% of the way across Michigan.

The 98% is for Gerard who usually starts to laugh at me because I am usually pretty good with most projects up to the 98% mark. I just felt like I was cutting it close on time. I am actually very glad I went start to the airport because the GPS took me to the wrong airport on the first try! Okay I will admit it I did not know the name of the airport that I was flying out of. I did know however that at was at the wrong airport because basically it looked closed.

I will admit that New Jersey has nothing on Michigan. Where else can you go to get the state seal placed on your documents and get them back in 15 minutes. Only if I had more time! The office where the documents get the apostille is in a mall. I did celebrate with a Krispy Kreme and a big fat diet coke.

I dropped the documents off to the agency who I have a feeling so still somewhat surprised to see me in the flesh. I am glad that I went at least I know for fact that they are where they need to be. I have to tell you if I were to do this again (by the way I am not) I would done as much of the dossier as possible here in one trip.

I do have more news and no it is not a court date but I will post that tomorrow after I have had more time to think about how to word it.

3 comments:

Amy said...

glad you made all safe!!! can't wait to hear the news....

jaimejaimelynnlynn said...

Michigan in a day, sounds fun. I'm glad u got everything done! You have me on the edge of my seat waiting for your next blog!

Allie said...

You & G should come back to MI with the litle Banana and make the other 2% of the trip.. Lake MI is the best of the Great Lakes with beautiful sandy shores (on the Michigan side)and great fishing.

Grand Haven, MI has as one of the top ranked family friendly beaches in the country.

Plus there is nothing better than sitting on the beach and enjoying a beautiful sunset, a sunset walk on the beach, letting your child wade in the water (without worrying about sharks, sting rays or jelly fish) or build a sandcastle on the beach. (A little tip though, August is the best month to visit Lake MI)

Glad MI was able to get your paperwork done fast... all the paperwork I have ever done here has been a breeze with super friendly staff.