Thursday, June 18, 2009

Week 14 is DONE!

In an attempt to stay busy and remain in a calm state yesterday I planned yet another road trip. Gerard is lovingly threatening to take away the keys to my car. But I do realize that I do need to buckle down and get things done. I really am trying my best to stay positive and I will explain that is a different fun post.

So 2 weeks ago when I was out shopping because with the cast that was about all I could do. I was in Delaware and walked into a William and Sonoma store which I love to look in. I happen to be a Top Chef addict. Okay I admit that I have a problem. I REALLY love Chef Tom Colicchio. To my surprise he was going to be signing his book in Philadelphia on June 17th so I thought I am there. I am way better when I am busy. The busier the better. I am way worst when I am sitting still.

When I woke up yesterday I was unsure if I was going. Then Gerard called me to ask when I was leaving for Philadelphia. Funny how well he knows me. He told me "I will never hear the end of it if you do not go to meet him!" So I jumped up and got dressed and even put on the make-up. Do not tell Gerard but I even brought out the "big shoes" known to the rest of the world as dress shoes with a heel. After I fell and broke the arm I was banned from wearing anything but flats or sneakers. Don't tell him PLEASE! I did bring walking shoes too just in case.

I actually got to have quite a long conversation with the Chef about just about everything. Okay not true but we did talk about adoption and he told me about friends of his who had adopted from Kazakhstan. He told me he fell in love with the little girl and wished me luck.

I am glad that I did because after the book signing I decided I had not seen the Liberty bell since I was a kid. So for 5 dollars I got a pass to get on and off the tour trolley all day.

The first stop was the Rodin Museum. I love art of all kinds and it actually evoked memories of when I was in Paris. Then it was off to the Philadelphia Art Museum so I could run up the steps like Rocky. Okay fine I admit I had the trolley drop me off at the top. While at the top I did feel the need to yell "ADRIENNE" and yes for anyone who has met me in person I did yell it and I was stared at but it did make me laugh.

When I was done running down the stairs okay I walked briskly. I jumped on the trolley and was off to see the Liberty Bell. You must see the Liberty bell that is just one of those things that you have to do. Just like you have to see the Statue of Liberty, the Grand Cannon and the Space Needle. Next on my list is the St Louis Gateway Arch.

I wrapped up the day with an original cheese steak at the birth place of the cheese steak (Pat's Cheese Steaks). I was lucky to be able to talk with a friend while I was finding parking, yes a pull in spot because I can not parallel park, yes I have a hands free system. She made me feel so much better. Today I feel energized with only positive energy and hope. Everything will work out for the best. I just know it will. Something positive will happen!


Can you believe that I forgot my camera!! Lucky for me I had my cell phone. Here are some of the pictures that I took.









5 comments:

www.adventureswithaidan.org said...

Yo Joy!! : ) Love it!

Williams Sonoma is the best Kitchen store, isn't it??? My kitchen is decorated in early Williams Sonoma. . .

Melissa said...

I love that show. Chef Tom is really cool. What a great treat. Have you been watching the new Top Chef Masters? It's pretty good too. I'd have loved to go with you to see Philly.
Melissa

Amy said...

You are hysterical!! I love that you said Adrienne!! And ps I love Tom C too!!

Barb said...

Great pics! So happy you had a good time on your little trip!

Carey and Norman said...

Fun trip. I also enjoyed the photos. I'm glad you are keeping busy during the wait!!