Friday, June 12, 2009

The Verdict is in!!

Life is good!! This morning I wished, hoped and prayed that my doctor's appointment would go well. The verdict is in!! No cast! No splint! I am still in pain but the doctor feels that this is because of stiffness. So I have been given some exercises to do with the hopes that this will help me to become less stiff.

For the past week I have been busy getting the hot tub water changed and ready for me if the cast was to come off. The job that usually takes me a couple of hours took a couple of days with a cast. So tomorrow night when I get back from my sisters house it will be ready to go and so am I.

Thank you all for being so supportive of me the past 5 weeks. Honestly I am surprised that I was able to make it through. There were a few days there that I was thinking about taking the cast off myself or at least cutting a hole in it to scratch. I am past this hurdle and I could not be happier.

This weekend will prove to be a busy one tonight I have to baby sit for my sister and Sunday I have a road trip planed. Details to come.

9 comments:

www.adventureswithaidan.org said...

Awesome!!! Congratulations to you!! Road Trip??? Do tell. . .when you're ready.

Kellie said...

SOOO glad you are out of your cast! Whoo Hoo! Better use some extra sun screen on that arm for sure. Been keeping you in our prayers for a court date soon. :)
Kellie

Roger and Joanne said...

That's so great you were able to get the cast off. Muscle atrophy pretty bad?

The stars are aligning.... :-)

jaimejaimelynnlynn said...

I'm so happy for you that you got the cast off. The hot tub sounds like it would feel amazing on a stiff arm. I can't wait until my doctor gives me the "OK" to swim/hot tub!!

Nicole Brueck said...

Woohoo! So glad that the cast is off. Bring on the travel dates!!!!

Kami said...

Yea!!! Finally a light at the end of the tunnel! Now if we could only get you that court date! :). I am happy for you, Joy!!

Melissa said...

One piece of good news down....one more to come! I hope now that your arm is ready that the judge is too. Take it easy with the arm and enjoy the hot tub. That sounds great!
Melissa

findingourdaughter said...

Oh my goodness...what fabulous news!! And now you just need your court date........NO CAST!
Praying for you!!!

Dede said...

Glad to hear that the cast is finally off...enjoy the hot tub!