Friday, June 5, 2009

12 weeks down

A s I write this post I am thinking back to one of my other weekly count down posts that I really had fun writing. I have to say I like to think about how far I have come on this journey. As a person who loves concrete numbers and percentages I just end up thinking like that for just about everything including this wait.

So in the spirit of one of my favorite count down posts here goes:

If my wait is to be 24 weeks then my wait is half over; I know I can do another 12 weeks.

If my wait is to be 20 weeks then I only have 8 more weeks to go; plenty of time to get things done.

If my wait is to be 16 weeks then I really better start getting things done fast because I will only have 4 weeks to work some magic.

Life is good. The time that she and I have spent apart will not even come close to the amount of time we will have together for she has and will always have my love.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

i love your positive thinking!

Barb said...

I loved your sentiments in the last line - so true!!

Melissa said...

What a great way to think about it. Our wait was 7 months. Ekat is typically long in waits between trips. But you will survive and when you bring her home, time will seem to fly by.
Melissa

Lakeshore Cottage Living said...

I wished I was there to help you decorate the nursery! I really would help you.

You have kept your chin up for so long. Your time is coming soon and think of the party in Bloggerland that we will all have!!! and I am sure at your house too. Gods timing is perfect.

www.adventureswithaidan.org said...

It is all God's timing. . .And yet, as you said, the time you will have with her will make your wait seem so inconsequential! I can't wait for your wait to be over. . .God's peace.

Stacy

Michael, Carrie, and S said...

Hi Joy-it is so hard to think positive when you have such a longing to return and get your child. I just read your last post, too, and it sounds like you are keeping everything in perspective no matter how hard it is. Hang in there-remember that each day you are one day closer to her! I pray you get that call soon!

Trisha, Duane, and Family said...

YEAH!!! The wait is really short when compared to the rest of your life with her;-))). Many blessings...Trisha