Sunday, May 31, 2009

Throw me a towel that was a great shower!

Have I ever told you how blessed I am? This past weekend my family hosted a party to welcome little Banana into the family even though she is not here yet. I have such a large immediate family and extended family who mostly live very close by.

Most of Gerard's family lives in Brooklyn or north Jersey still. Honestly it is very difficult for them to come down in the summer time because of the traffic but quite a few of them did brave the Saturday morning rush to the shore.

I had told my family originally that I wanted to wait until she came home for a shower. I changed my mind and then after I broke my arm I thought maybe this is not a good idea but I think it really has lifted my spirits more then I could ever have imagined.

I got more then I could have possibly wanted for Little Banana and her room. I received the most beautiful bedding from Gerard's Aunt Barbara and his cousins. AM bought a car seat all decked out with a pink cover. Gerard's parents got her a piggy bank and a little something to start her off with.

My sisters raided PBK and got some really cool things. I got the chandelier that I have been wanting, a book shelf and the best stroller in the world. All bright pink but the great thing is it is like a very expensive stroller but for a 1/3 of the price. I love it because she can sit and face me when I push her and the handle telescopes from those who are taller then I am.

My mother picked out some beautiful smocked dresses one that was white with blue smocking and the other which was ivory with pink details.

By far the most special part of the shower was seeing how many people showed up and wanted to celebrate with me. The tables had beautiful decorated cookies and pictures of her as favors. Two of my friends (Audrey and Kathy) who I have not seen in some time were there. What a shock and a surprise that was for me. I actually got a chance to talk to them both. Now I just need to find someone to help me with the 'Thank You' cards. I can type but I still can not write.

3 comments:

Carey and Norman said...

How fun! What an unexpected surprise. I loved the squirrel post too...how cute is that?

jaimejaimelynnlynn said...

I had such a nice time at your shower; it was a really beautiful time!

If you'd like to come over one day we can do your thank-you cards. Hans is getting on a pretty good schedule with sleeping and eating. We figured out that he likes to fall asleep to movies like Conan the Barbarian, Rocky and Rambo, not the silence of our room with a fan at night. (definitely no doubt he's Greg's son)

Roger and Joanne said...

How nice! What a nice surprise. I love many of the PBK stuff, too.
How much longer til your arm is better?