Saturday, June 13, 2009

Road Trip ***Edited with exciting deals***

My flight leaves Sunday morning at 9:20 am. No not to Russia to Michigan. It is a really long story but to put it simply some of the documents that I spent traveling back and forth to Trenton 8 time in the past 2 week (a 2 hour drive one way and $20.00 per document) have not made it to the agency.

So rather then taking the time to redo them in New Jersey I have booked tickets to Michigan. It may sound crazy but it will actually be cheaper, easier and faster to get them done in Michigan then to do them in New Jersey. So I will arrive in Michigan on Sunday afternoon and leave on Monday evening. I am not leaving Michigan without completing these documents. I am trying to be part of the solution rather then part of the problem. Good things happened the last time I was in Michigan so I am hopeful

So that is my road trip. For those of you in Michigan what is fun to do on a Sunday evening???

***Road trips are always interesting ask me why? I forgot my current drivers licesne at home. Lucky for me I have an expired one that will get me on the plane. I will figure got the deals when I arrive in Detroit. I never thought I would say this but in Russia I never have to worry about this because I have a driver. Oh what I would not give to have a personal driver all the time.***

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I know this is off-topic, but... some time ago you posted (I think it was you) about a young girl you met in Russia named Ekaterina, an older child needing to be adopted. Although it was not meant to be for me, I checked her profile often praying and hoping that she would be adopted and finally find her forever home. I was delighted when this appeared to happen and she was "linked to a prospective family". And now her profile has disappeared completely, do you know if it was removed because she is no longer adoptable since this worked out for her? This is what I am fervently hoping and not that she aged out, please provide an update about her if you know anything. Thank you.

www.adventureswithaidan.org said...

Good luck and God speed! I'll be praying it all works out.

Scott said...

Welcome back to Michigan. You picked a great day to come back, the weather is beautiful, sunny, mid 70s.

I don't know where you are staying but in Ann Arbor there is free music nightly at the Ann Arbor Summer Festival. We love going to this and will probably be going tonight.

In Detroit they are having the Red Bull air races today (maybe not your cup of tea).

Melissa said...

Should be an interesting trip. I hope all the documents get done. It must be hard having the agency so far away. I'm sure things will get settled quickly.
Melissa

Carey and Norman said...

I hope you have a safe and productive trip to Michigan. You have amazed me with the ways you've managed to complete your documents. You are definitely a momma on a mission!