Sunday, June 7, 2009

Okay this is how I have been spending my mornings

since I have been home at night for the past couple of weeks my sleeping pattern is somewhat back to what most would call normal. Sleep when it is dark and awake when it is light. I happened to stumble upon a TV program in the morning called RT or Russia Today. The program that I have been watching features different regions. Many of the regoins are ones that I recognize because many have adopted from them.

So this morning after the program I did a search and actually found a different program on Youtube. I found a 4 part series of Chuvashia Republic highlighting Cheboksary the capital (also the city where I stayed when I was there)

Here are the links
Part One
Part Two
Part Three
Part Four

3 comments:

Suz said...

I don't know if I ever told you, but D is 1/2 Chuvash.

She was born in Ulyanovsk which is near Chuvashia.

That reminds me of something we learned from Dr. Jenista about a certain type of Anemia that is known to be found in people of Chuvash decent, I'll look up the info and get it to you. Just so your doctor can have a heads up.

Anonymous said...

Hi Joy,
Those videos are really interesting!- I can see you getting into the embroidery! It is so great to take advantage of this time to learn all about the region your little one is from.
I can't wait till you get back there - I know it should be soon!
Take care and enjoy the summer weather...Teresa (from Moldova w/love)

Lakeshore Cottage Living said...

Hang in there Joy...this IS going to happen.

Good that you are learning more about the region to share with your new little sweetie as she grows.

Hope your arm is feeling better!