Wednesday, October 28, 2009

It is safe to use ebay again

I wish I were talented enough to make the dresses Anna has been photographed in but the answer is no. Some have been purchased on a web site called 'The best dressed child' and other were from ebay. This one was from ebay and really looks as though it was only worn once or twice.

I just love these types of clothes but paying full price would kill my budget. If you like this dress just wait until you see the Christmas one. The dress pictured below is the one I will use for Thanksgiving. I was inspired by Kristine's pictures of her children in the leaves.

My sister and I have been a bit obsessed with e bay. Do your remember the Sunshine family? We used to play with that for hours. Having Sloan, Hans and Anna all together reminds us of times when we were young.

So now that we have won the whole Sunshine family we are trying for some vintage little people. I think with Christmas right around the corner and all the changes in the family right now we are feeling a little sentimental. I am hoping to win an airplane and a house for them to play with.

Isn't it funny how you can picture things from your childhood with such detail and how it evokes fond memories. I wonder what things Anna will remember? I wonder if Sloan, Hans and Anna will have fond memories of the time that they had to spend together because we had to leave them to help my Mother. Wouldn't that be cool if their memories of this point in time were all filled with the fun time that they spent together.

4 comments:

jules said...

I loved the Sunshine family when I was little! I too have used ebay for dresses and for those childhood toys, barbie United jet, Malabu barbie, gas station dolls, and even Sunshine family! My husband saved all his toys.

Carolynn and Steve said...

Joy,

I am totally in agreement with you--I have scoured ebay for things that I would have bought a year ago if I had known what size to buy then!

Oh, and I LOVED the Sunshine family! I had a house, and I spent a whole week when I was sick and couldn't go to school making blankets and sheets and placemats and such for their house.

The smocked dress is so very cute! Have you had any time to any of your own smocking?

www.adventureswithaidan.org said...

Memories are always filled with nostalgic love. . .I recently re-connected with my cousins (my sisters have as well) who all live in California. We were 8 munchkins living at least 1/2 the time at our grandparents house. . .we were our Grandmothers "Little People." I love my memories with them. . .I know Anna will have great memories of her time with her cousins. It it cousin love time.

Pam said...

Thanks cause I really need to start doing some Christmas shopping. Bought Nova a beautiful table and chairs(brand new)on Ebay last year. But I'll try not to bid against you! HEE HEE!
No sunshine family memories here, my brothers matchboxes and making complete cities for them in the woods next to our house. Not such fond memories though because I left them in the woods and He kicked my butt!!!(they got stolen)
I am sure Anna and her cousin will have lots of good memories.