Sunday, October 11, 2009

First REAL pony ride & an ER visit

When we were in Moscow we saw police officers or military personal on horses. The horse sound is the first animal sound that she makes but it is not like what you would expect to hear. She makes a clicking sound with her mouth just like the horses sounded as they would walk by. Of course I love that she picked up on that so I encouraged it. Now when ever she sees an animal that could be a horse she will make that sound.

I have even seen her eye up Dottie and follow her around the room making the sound. You can see her mind working that if Dottie would only stand still she might just be able to mount her for a quick ride. As for Dottie she knows to keep moving when she hears that noise behind her because she thinks she is a human and not a dog and certainly not a horse.

Pam I know you asked a while back about Dottie she is not doing well. She is only eating about 4-5 days of the week. With me traveling to NYC for my Mother she has been staying with Gerard's parents because my house looks more like a day care with 3 small children running/crawling around. I think it is better for Dottie to be there when there is so much happening here. She sits on Gerard's Father's lap like a fur shawl laying around his neck on the back of the couch.

So back to the horse of course. We took Anna to a festival that was a town over yesterday mostly because I read that they would have pony rides. We waited until almost the end of the festival because I figured there would be less people and I was right. When we got there she was just waking up from her nap. What a weird concept for children to fall asleep in one spot then wake up in another.

When she first saw the ponies I think she was in disbelief because the ones that we saw in Moscow were REALLY big. These ones were just the right size for her. I snapped a few pictures before she tired to bust out of her stroller. Then onto the June she went. There is one picture that I absolutely love because she is looking at me and smiling. I was hoping that Gerard had gotten that one and he did.

After the REAL pony ride the carousel was exciting but not nearly as much fun. The last picture is a picture of Anna and I with Gerard's Mother. It is hard to keep Anna still when she see not only water but the carousel too.

As for the ER visit it was for me not Anna. I was fixing her toy when out of the blue a screw driver came my way. At first Anna laughed then when she saw the blood she started to cry. Unfortunately it took off a small chunk of my cheek. so I will have a scar. I am so thankful though that it was me and not her and that I was not seriously hurt. So when I look at that scar that is what I will think.








8 comments:

jaimejaimelynnlynn said...

The pictures are super cute! Sorry to hear about the screw driver incident. Use the Maderma (spelling) scare cream. It worked for Aristotle maybe it will work for you too!

Melissa said...

I loveit! Nothing better than horses. I so miss the ones Poppy used to have. Colby loves them too! Sorry to hear about the screw driver accident. I am always yelling at Mike for leaving his laying around. Now I'll have a really good reason to tell him.
Melissa

Mandy @ The Party of 3 said...

Yay! I love the pics! So much fun!! Sorry about the scar:( Use merderma it is sooo worth it!!

Dede said...

She looks so happy riding the horse. Sorry to hear about your accident!

www.adventureswithaidan.org said...

Joy, I can see the change in her expressions!! HOw fantastic for you!! She is truly opening to you and it shows. . .Scars happen, by the way. . .and they aren't all visible!! But, you love those scars nonetheless, each and every one.

Pony rides are so cool, aren't they??

Amy said...

I love that grin you two are sharing. Looks like a private moment just happened to be caught. VERY special! :) Mend well Mama Joy!

Anonymous said...

What a brave girl to rid on a pony!!! She is such a doll.

Katie

Anonymous said...

I was at the same festival in S'ville!! As much as I would LOVE to meet you and your beautiful daughter face to face, not sure how you would have like meeting a crazy fan/blog stalker!
Really, though, love your blog and being able to follow your story. Brings back wonderful memories of bringing our son home from Ekat.
Beth Chev. (Absecon)