Thursday, October 1, 2009

It has been a long week and it is only Thursday

Tuesday and Wednesday I had to leave Anna with my nieces. She is doing well being with them and I am so thankful. I have been able to make it home in time to put her to bed. Last night was more difficult but I think she thought that I was not going to be here in the morning again. The trips to NYC would be so difficult for Anna and unfortunately until we have a specific diagnosis I will want to continue to go with my Mother. Being there first hand and hearing what the doctors are saying believe it or not eases me and my Mother.

Yesterday as my Mother was having her test done I walked around the American Girl doll store. I have to say even I was overwhelmed in there. You can buy lots of "stuff" for them. I will have the exercise some self control when I bring her there. I was hoping maybe next year for her birthday. On my walk I also located the Russian Tea Room. I think this will also be on my list of things to do with her. I love tea parties and I think she will too.

When I was in Russia I had purchased a chocolate bar. Russian believe that their chocolate is the best and quite honestly I have tasted my fair share of chocolate and I think I might agree. A couple of weeks ago I gave her a taste of chocolate. Here is a picture of her first taste. Funny how she just knew it was okay to eat. Last night she ate the last bit of the chocolate bar. I will have to see if Uncle Bucky can get some more for her. He live in Brooklyn and many who live there are Russian so I do not think that it will be much of a problem.



Things are a little complicated with what is going on with my Mother right now (no Mom I have a handle on it do not worry). I know in the past couple of weeks I have not been great about blogging. This blog is not something that I am willing to give up just yet. How else can I remember everything.

I know that recently I have been so preoccupied with what is going on with my Mother rather then putting things on here about Anna and our home. I am considering starting another blog for the purposes of writing about those feelings. One thing I have learned is that once I have it out there I feel so much better. Without my blog I am not quite sure how well I would have fared. I am considering starting one for my Mother to use as well.

Next week will also be busy. At least 2 more trips to NYC. As soon as they know what we are facing I will feel better. I will be honest I think that the care that she is receiving at this hospital is the best and I am quite a critic believe me. I have results of all her tests within about an hour and a plan of action too. That is amazing believe me. If I do start another blog I will let you all know.

5 comments:

Pam said...

Joy,
Please tell your mom we continue to pray for her. Wow those eyelashes of Annas what a lucky girl! Usually boys get the nice eyelashes.We hope your blog continues for a long time my 3yr old DD thinks its cute having a cyber friend(not sure she understands but its cute). My DD wants to know how Dottie is doing?

Julie said...

I will keep your mom in my prayers. I love your blog!! Love your style of writing!!

www.adventureswithaidan.org said...

You and your mom are in my prayers. . .What kind of candy?? We brought some back, too and still have a couple of pieces. I wanted Aidan to see it when he gets older--not that it will still be good by then! God bless, Joy. However you do your blog is up to you. We enjoy hearing whatever you have to say.

Melissa said...

We brought home some chocolate too but we ate it all. No self-control I guess. I hope everything is going well with your mom. She is in our thoughts. And Anna is just getting cuter everyday!
Melissa

Unknown said...

Anna is so stinkin' cute!

We are praying for your mom and hope everything turns out well. I have a close friend who uses caringbridge.org for her son's illness. You may want to look into that.