Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Gerard exposed??

Yes you all are right that was Gerard! Well sort of! That was Gerard senior also know as Chippy or Poppy. Gerard does look very similar to both his parents. That is a typical conversation at dinner believe it or not. I consider him a bit of a Mr. Potato head he has his Mother's eyes and mouth but his Father's nose. He has dark hair with a wave that has straighten some over the last couple of years or maybe it is the crew cut that he is usually sporting.

He is slim and I think it is dreadful to say he weights about 12 lbs less then I do but I am working on that. I am adopting Jaime's philosophy she wants to always weigh less then her husband. Yes, Jaime made him gain 3 lbs when she was pregnant and Greg did it happily Greg is tall and slim too.

I have to say you all gave me quite the chuckle right when I needed one the most. I had to go to NYC yesterday and this was the first day Anna was awake when I left. It was dreadful to see her melt down at the door. My Mother is doing very well. We had to obtain what is called cardiac clearance before she can have surgery. On the one test that she needed to have there seems to be a small heart issue that might need to be handled prior to any surgery.

She is scheduled for a lung biopsy on Monday. The results of that will be the determining factor of where we go from there. I am praying that it is nothing but scar tissue as I think we may have actually dodged 2 of the 4 issues right now but I will not know for certain until next week. The outlook today is light years better then when I first posted about my Mother. I can not help to think of everyone who is praying for her.

3 comments:

www.adventureswithaidan.org said...

Meltdown. . .Great!!! Prayers for your mother continue. . .

Pam said...

Way to go, good one!! I got a chuckle out of that one too.
Thats what I get for assuming! Melt down thats a good sign. Yah for you!!! We are so happy that things seem to be looking up for your Mom, we will continue to pray for her!!!!

Rich and Jolynn said...

So glad to hear your Mom is going to find out what is going on. For you too, I know how hard this has been. Praying that it is scar tissue also. Love the new toy and that Anna is attaching to her Mommy :)