Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Pumpkin no I mean apple picking

Because I have had to leave her these past couple of weeks I am trying to make the time that spend with her count. Gerard and I decided that this past Sunday would be a good time to take her pumpkin picking. I really do not like to go when it is cold or wet but Sunday was a crisp 69 degrees with a big blue sky and white puffy clouds you know the type that stand out like cotton balls. I marvel at how beautiful those types of skys are every time I see them. I think that we should always stop and just look at them when they happen.

We tried to get his parents to come but both of their cell phones were off. I have always been the type of person who will drop everything to do something fun. The best fun sometimes is not the planned fun. When we were younger there were times that we would decision at breakfast hey lets go to Virginia today and we would be out the door in no time flat. Sunday reminded me of those times so I guess I really enjoyed it more then I knew I was going to.

We met up with Jaime, Greg, Hans and My sister Julie and drove to the pumpkin patch. It was the best because I was able to sit in the back with her when usually I have to drive. When we got to the patch she instantly knew what her job was. It was the wave at the people on the tractors being taken to the field. I got some great pictures of her sitting on hay until I realized that the father of the year (just teasing)let her play in the dirt about 5 minutes after we got there. Thank goodness for diaper wipes.

I still love these photos of her and our day together. Oh you did not read this wrong I know that they are not pumpkins but when we got to the field there were only 3 pumpkins left so I think we will do this trip again.









6 comments:

Anonymous said...

great pictures!

Beth said...

What beautiful pictures!! SHe is so cute. I love Fall there is so much to do with the kids outside. Beth

Melissa said...

Great photos. She looks so serious but I bet she had lots of fun! I love ot go apple picking. Maybe that's what this weekend will bring. Nothing planned!
Melissa

Troy and Rachel said...

Such sweet photos! Glad you had a good time picking pumpkins...I mean apples!

Lakeshore Cottage Living said...

Love her little outfit...she is so pretty. GREAT pics Joy.

Looks like you are having a great time with your new daughter that is for sure. So happy for you.

Kristine

Amy said...

Cute pictures!! Looks like fun!