Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Big decisions must be made...

My maternity leave is coming to a close. Gerard are talking about a number of options right now so I feel like my head is about to explode. I have an opportunity that comes around about once every 10 years or so. It would change my work schedule completely. Will I do it? To be quite honest I do not even know. I am trying my best to weigh out all my options before I make the decision.

This past 6 weeks were not what I wanted them to be or envisioned them to be. My plan had been to stay with her and not leave her but instead I have had to leave her about 2 times every week for the last 3 weeks. When I say that I mean leave before she is up and only get home in time for a quick bath, book and to bed.

Yesterday she did well but last week it took her almost 3 days to start looking at me again. As far as the eating when Gerard or I are not here she eats even less. These are all things that I must consider when I make my decision and believe me it is a hard decision. Yesterday she ate 2 bites of a string cheese and 2 ounces of kefir until he got home.

I have been extremely lucky because I have been able to leave her with the same 2 people each time. They tell me that sometimes she does better but yesterday she was just too busy to eat. She was so happy when I got home to see my Mother, sister and this time she acknowledged me so that is an improvement. Gerard said that she squeal with delight when he came in and took him straight to the kitchen for something to eat then dragged him around the house to show him things.

Last night for me she did go to sleep better then on other nights quite honestly I think that by the time I get home she is spent, exhausted and just overtired. Jaime and Jillian told me that she was looking for me and that she brought them the "Where is our Mommy?" book. Which by the way I LOVE. It is a quick read and has neat little flip-flaps and a spot to put your picture in the back. The book encourages affection and also encourages her to seek me out so it has been a true find.

1 comment:

Pam said...

Joy,
I think your feelings are some thing we as adoptive parents have to deal with and wounder about for quite some time. We have to do what is best for our family as a whole and just put extra effort into areas with our children that we feel need it, when we are available. I as a SAHM sometimes wounder if my DD doesnt have a better bond with my DH(who works) than with me. When I leave then come home its like oh its just Mom but every day when he comes home the neighbors have said they can hear her squealing with excitment about he being home. You and Gerald will make the right choice and Anna will be fine! Trust yourselves! Please tell your Mom we are praying for her,how are things going?