Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Today is a beautiful day

I woke up late today. In guess my body was tired from yesterday. Even Anna is still sleeping and it is close to 10 am. My Mother did well during the biopsy of her lung. I hope to know something by the end of the week. I pray it is all good.

In other news please stop bidding against me on e bay. The cat is out of the bag a couple of her dresses are from e bay. Yes, I am trying to win one for Thanksgiving so I will let you all know when you can start bidding again.

In other news I have made the decision to go back to work this week. The decision was a difficult one but a necessary one for right now. I am sad at the thought of leaving her but I know she will survive and still thrive. I will not lie I had a very hard time making that decision. I hope and pray that it was the right decision.

So today the rain has finally stopped and the sun is shining. My sister is still here in town with my Mother so I will probably be spending the day with them. What a beautiful day today will be.

8 comments:

Ms. Elaine said...

Have you looked at etsy.com? They have lots of cute handmade clothes for kids and the prices are pretty reasonable. Beats the bidding game! Hope your mom gets a good report. Going back to work is hard but so many new mommys have to do that these days and kids do great once they realize you come back!

Pam said...

Joy,
We are so glad to hear your Mom is doing well and we will continue to pray that the results are good.
I also buy some of Nova's clothes on ebay, but right now I am not bidding on dresses(most likely not the same size anyway). I did get her a beautiful table and chairs last year. Love ebay. I cant give any words of wisdom on going to work but I know you all will get through it, I can tell you are a determined Mommy and you will make it work.

Melissa said...

Don't worry. It's not me outbidding you. Although I'd love a cute little dress. But, I don't think Colby would like it!

Anyway, the acorn for the head. Being an elementary teacher, I have lots of ideas for craft projects. In the fall, I liked to read about trees and then make a project. Sometimes a leaf man other times, a pinecone man. He's a pinecone with sticks for arms and legs and an acorn for a head. No big secret, but a cute project. All from trees!

I wish you well with returning to work. It must have been a hard decision. Just make every moment together the best it can be, and take lots of walks in the woods. THey are so fun!
Melissa

www.adventureswithaidan.org said...

Oh.....I know. . .my shoulder is available for when you go back, as is my ear.

Amy said...

Going back to work will probably be harder on you than on her. I have a 2 year old and I work full time and I've found this to be the case. I've worked since he was 8 weeks, and its STILL hard to leave him. Hang in there, though, the first couple of weeks are the roughest and you'll get in a groove.

Amy said...

big hugs -- been thinking about you and mom this week. hope all goes well.

Laura said...

By far the most difficult time we've had in the 5 months home was taking Kristina to "school" and leaving her there while I went back to work. If you remember, I sobbed and sobbed the first day and even still, there are days I drop her off and I want to dash back in there and get her.

Just shows you how tight you and your little Anna are...

~Laura

P.S. Good thoughts going out for your mom!

Anonymous said...

Hi Joy,
Just wanted you to know I am thinking about you. It must be hard to go back to work after being with her so much, but I think it gets easier with time.
I hope your Mom is doing well - You all are in my prayers...
Teresa