Sunday, October 18, 2009

Hans' Christening

Gerard and I are so lucky to have Jaime, Greg and Hans so close. Actually, I have quite a bit of family who lives close by so I am extra lucky. Jaime and Greg asked us to be Hans' God parents so not only do I have a Great nephew but I am also his God mother.

I had told Jaime that she could pick out any outfit she wanted for him and that we would buy it for his big day. Instead she walked into my sewing room and picked out the fabrics that she wanted. I will post a picture after I get her approval. So Friday we tried on his gown and that is when I realized that I had not finished it. So bright and early this morning I had to finish the closures and make a bonnet. Yup, she wanted him in a gown. Yup, that is me grinning from ear to ear. He was so sweet in church.I will never forget the way his whole face lite up when he heard the priest bless the water.

By the way there was plenty of water to go around the island where the church was has been flooded for 2 days making getting to the church quite difficult but we all made it. Gerard almost did not make it as he was coming from work and had been fighting flooding for over an hour near where he works, then by home then by the church. Literately, the priest said will the God parents please come up and he never missed a step and walked down the aisle straight onto the alter.

Anna was fun at church too, she was allowed to come up with us because surprise, surprise she only wanted me or him no one else. When she saw the water off came the shoes because she was thinking this is great lets all take a dip.

I know I should be sleeping but I am waiting for Gerard's parents to pick up Dottie. Tomorrow is an early day and I will be on the road for NYC by 3:45 am for my Mother's biopsy at 6:30am. I still feel like I have so much to still do.

2 comments:

www.adventureswithaidan.org said...

Being a Godmother is sooo special!! I love being the Godmother of 4 beautiful children. . .I know you will fantastic at it. Can't wait to see the pictures!

Melissa said...

What wonderful news about your nephew. Congrats on becoming his GodMom! That is wonderful.

Good luck in NYC with your mom. I hope all goes well. Thinking of you!
Melissa