Sunday, November 1, 2009

She was quite a busy little bee




From the moment I met Anna she was busy. Actually that is just how I described her to Gerard when I was in Russia and leaving the baby home for the first time. So I have to say I just knew that this year for Halloween she was going to be a bee.

I originally thought that I would have time to make her costume but life got in the way. Actually, I am quite glad that I did not because to spend time with her instead. Next year I will be more organized. So this year I got on on sale for less then 9 dollars.

She loves to put it on walk around the house and yes even play outside in it. I think it is too cute that she thinks it is part of her outdoor attire so I let her.

Yesterday she laid down for her nap later then I would have liked but she still got a good 1.5 hours in before the door bell rang. She sprung out of bed just in time to see the kids dressed in their costumes. I do not think I have ever seen her take off her clothes that fast and jump yes jump into her bee suit.

Gerard and I had decided that she would only be going to a few houses directly next door and to our families for a visit. I have never really thought about it but because we are working on the bonding an attachment for the first time I thought wow it is pretty strange to got to a random house and ring the bell for candy. Actually this goes against everything that I have been trying to do for the past 2 months.

So it just turned into more of showing off her bee suit and less about the candy. I was pleasantly surprised that she had reservation about going up to a strangers door or taking candy from them. She only wanted Gerard or I to hold her. Which made me very happy.

8 comments:

Lakeshore Cottage Living said...

We also had two busy bees at our house! It was a busy bee year!

Anonymous said...

what a cute bee!

Jane and Jim said...

Sounds like her attachment is very appropriate and you all had a great first Halloween!
She's just adorable and I know you're out-of-your-mind happy!
Happy happy for you!

Amy said...

She's an adorable bumble bee. Glad to hear everything went well with her and strangers.

www.adventureswithaidan.org said...

What a cutie! And it sounds like she is progressing really well!! In no time you won't be so worried, I guarantee it!

Pam said...

I dont like bees of any type but I dont think I have ever had one as cute as that one around my house, lucky you! Nova says Anna is a cute bee and she tried to show her a picture of herself as a witch.(she held it up to the screen,did you see it)HA Ha!

Troy and Rachel said...

What a cute - busy little bee! Happy Halloween!

Dede said...

Love the costume, she's such a cutie!