Friday, October 2, 2009

First time on a boat

Gerard and I love the water this is pretty obvious. Gerard loves to fish and jet ski we want her to love the water just as much. Gerard can be quite demanding. We often laugh that he makes lists for everyone because he does. Then he checks up on you too which I find even funnier at times.

If we are all sitting at the table he will run through each of us and ask us how we are doing on 'the list'. You have to understand that I really do not take his 'lists' seriously even though he does. I do not get hammered nearly as much as his parents do. AM his sister usually tells him she is going to make him a list and that usually stops the list making with the comment by Gerard of "AM that's terrible, don't make me a list!"

One thing on Grandma's list was a new life jacket for Anna. We take water safety seriously and believe it or not life jackets do need to be replaced from time to time. She got her orders to get a new one so that he could take her out on the boat before she her birthday. He wants to tell her "See you were driving a boat when you were 1. Technically she is closer to 2 but who is counting.

I actually got a couple of great pictures of the 2 of them. I have been waiting to post them in the hopes that he would let me expose his face but it is not going to happen yet. Here is a picture of her on "driving" one of his boats. Maybe next time guys. I think he is softening to the idea.

7 comments:

Rich and Jolynn said...

What a great picture. There will be a lot of fun days at the beach and on the water! She is so cute!!

Jo

Melissa said...

That's a great photo. We love the water too. Growing up with a house on a lake in NH, I bet I drove a boat that soon too. Can't wait to bring Colby up, when it isn't raining, so he can drive too! But she looks so intent. Adorable!
Melissa

Barb said...

So sweet! I'm starting to think Gerard is Mr. Snuffleupagus from Sesame Street . . .LOL!

Anonymous said...

let gerard know we need a face to put with his name! :)

Sarah D said...

I love the way Anna's face is always so deep in thought. You can always see the wheels turning about her new adventures! Great Pix!

Dede said...

The lake sounds like fun and I love the picture of her driving the boat. Tell Gerard that we want to see a family photo!

Anonymous said...

That is such an adorable picture! You all are going to have an amazing time next summer - Looks like she loved that boat!
I agree - Tell Gerard we want a family photo-But who am I to talk since I don't even have my blog anymore!
Have a great weekend, Joy!