Monday, October 26, 2009

The magic playhouse...

The weather finally broke last week enough for Gerard and his Father to put together Anna's playhouse that was given to her by my friends from work. Anna and I were out when they put it together, honestly I really think she had no idea what it was in the box.

I got the call to come home that it was ready so home we went. When we got in for her is was business as usual but the three of us knew that would change as soon as she saw the magic playhouse.

We called her out to the back deck and she walked onto the deck spotted the playhouse then did a double take. I am pretty sure I was not seen her walk that fast ever as she sprinted on the deck to see it close up. She inspected everything and the grin on her face was from ear to ear. When she went down the slide her first instinct was to clap when she hit the bottom. Excited really does not accurately describe how she was playing on it.

Seeing these moments makes the hard times worth it. To hear her giggle and see the excitement on her face gives me strength. We will make it through all the hard times as long as I can reflect on these precious moments.

So the next day you would have thought that she would have ran out to the magic playhouse as soon as her eyes were open. Nope! I was shocked but okay with it because I knew Sloan was coming over to play with her so I waited. She played with everything like usual and was happy never going to the back door.

Once Sloan got here we took them out back I waited to see her reaction which was the same as the night before. Then I caught her looking around the back yard. I think in her mind she was expecting the magic playhouse to be gone as fast as it had arrived. I also think she was looking to make she that there were no other magic playhouses in the yard that she did not see.

So why am I calling it the magic playhouse well because it has magic powers of course. Sloan and Anna were still playing at lunch time. We made there lunch and took it to the magic playhouse. For the first time Anna not only ate a chicken nugget but she ate two. Here is where the magic part comes in she will only eat them in the playhouse so far. Who knows I may have to dust off the snow so that she will eat. I guess I better get a warm winter coat this year.





5 comments:

Pam said...

Love the last picture! What a smile and the bow(very cute)!

Carolynn and Steve said...

What an amazing story---I got goosebumps reading it!
Who doesn't love a magic playhouse and an even more magical story?

www.adventureswithaidan.org said...

Love it!! We do whatever it takes, don't we? And it is all worth it. . .wouldn't you just do it again?

Melissa said...

Very cute. A magic playhouse, it must be like going to Grandma's house. Why is it they do things there that they won't do for us at home? Go figure 2 year olds! I love the photos. Just adorable with her little bow in her hair.
Melissa

Lakeshore Cottage Living said...

Oh she is just a doll. And what a great playhouse! I was just thinking about you the other day and wondering how eating was going so I am glad to hear you found some things that work...do you have room to move it inside? ha.