Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Other things I want to remember

When Anna wants to point at something rather then using her finger she uses mine, or Gerard's. It is too cute.

I also love the way she seeks Gerard out to hold his hand when she poops and no I did not teach her that.

I leave small inexpensive photo albums out with pictures of what we have done in the short time that she has been with us. Yesterday Gerard told me that she was a little frustrated until she found the picture that she wanted. It was of her and I and the glow worm. She wanted her glow worm. She is a smart cookie because she was able to get her point across. I know in time she will be pointing to me.

The other morning when Gerard was home he went to her when she woke up. He has the type of facial hair that grows in about 5 minutes after he has shaved. On this particular day he had about 2 days of growth. She looked at him sort of puzzled then licked her fingers and tried to wipe off the hair. No he had no idea that was what she was doing until she started to scratch the hair off his face. That is when we realized that she has never seen him with that much facial hair.

Funny how you want to remember everything. Each kiss, hug, smile.