Friday, September 25, 2009

How did everyone do?

First off I had hoped to be able to write something earlier but I have been so busy I actually and not sure where my computer is! My nieces and Aunt Cassie did a great job watching the kids on Wednesday. That evening the shifts changed which left it to Gerard, Greg and Jill. When I got home the house was clean and everyone was feed so I consider that part a big success.

Anna and Sloan are only 4 months apart. My sister has never left him with anyone but my Mother so she was a wreck too. My fears were put to rest when they sent her the best picture of him that I have ever seen. He looked so happy. In all I believe that Anna did very well. I know I can not expect the same reaction from her when I come is as Sloan gives my sister just yet. Literately he danced his way into her arms, smiling, laughing and giggling the whole way. Anna was tired, I could see that she just looked at me and went back to what she was doing.

I took her into her bed room and rocked her a bit and she started to act more like herself. My hand was forced to leave her but in all I think she faired well. Even though it was late she wanted her bath and stories which I was glad to do for her. After about 10 minutes in the bath I was handed 3 small poop balls. She knew she they did not belong there. I gues she was starting to relax some.

As far as my Mother is concerned there seems to be 3 areas of concern, her Lung, leg and female parts. The information has been a lot to digest, as I write this she is having another scan. I will say that after our evaluation on Wednesday I feel considerable better about her lung and leg. If this is lung cancer surgery WILL be the cure. We go back to NYC on Tuesday and Wednesday for additional testing and one more evaluation. I am hoping to get good news 3 out of 3.

My Mother is scared but is strong and taking the attitude that if this is cancer she can and will beat it. Being positive but remaining on top of this is the best course of action for now.

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

I can feel your pain, minus the anxiety about leaving behind a 2yr old daughter for the very first time. We love our momma's, no matter how old we are. I will be praying for her specifically, and hoping that you are able to be there for mom and baby, while still making time for you.
kelly k

Amy said...

Thoughts and huge prayers are with you all. If I were there Joy -- we'd have a hug, and a laugh. Wish I could make it better!

Mandy @ The Party of 3 said...

Your mom and your famiy is in the Party of 3's prayers! Poop balls! Girl you crack me up!

Nicole Brueck said...

I am glad she did well. Hoping for continuing good test results for your mom!

Melissa said...

I am so happy that Anna did well. It was so hard leaving Colby for the first time, and still it still is. But I have relaxed a great deal. And I am always reminded that it is good for them. It is just another way to reinforce our special bonds with them.

As for your mother, I am so sorry that she is going through this. I pray that all will work out. She and your family are in my thoughts.
Melissa

www.adventureswithaidan.org said...

Prayers continue for your Mama. . .Mine is a survivor as well and is currently at the 4 year mark from the most recent invasion of that insiduous stuff. . .Fighters win, no matter what. Your's sounds like a fighter to me!

As for Anna, don't worry. She will not only begin coming to you, now that she knows you come back, she will likely knock you over jumping into your arms. Time, dear, is all it will take. : )

Loved the poop balls bit!

Much hugs, prayers and blessings sent your way. . .
Stacy

Anonymous said...

Joy- I have been lurking since before your trip to get Anna. Belated congrats!!! She's so adorable!!!! We are in VERY beginning process of adopting!

Second, your Mom! My Dad four months ago, had stage 4 Prostrate and Bladder Cancer. The many decisions, options are just overwhelming! Praise God, His surgery was surgical cure! I pray the same for your Mom.

I think the most helpful resource we had was an online Cancer Supprt Group. From questions to ask the Doc to after surgery tips, it was all there. There's MANY websites but here's one I googled: http://www.dailystrength.org/c/Lung-Cancer/support-group Most importantly, it helped my Dad get peace.

Except God to act! Tiffany

Anonymous said...

many prayers for your mom!

love the poop balls.

Dana Doctor said...

You are in my prayers! Hang in there! Miss you!

Carey and Norman said...

Glad Anna did well with your absence. I know it is hard to leave her!!

Sorry to hear about your mother. I will pray that all goes well with your mother's testing!

chrissy said...

Thinking of you and your family and praying for you all...so happy your daughter is doing so well!