Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Mush brain

I do feel that my brain has gone a bit to mush since we have been home. I have always laughed at this because I have seen this happen to so many of my friends. Just ask Gerard he says I NEVER forget anything. I think that is a bit dramatic but I will take it as a complement.

I too am now part of the mush brain society. My friends at work laugh as say "Why should you look more rested then us!" I guess I asked for that one.

Thank goodness for lists is all I will say, when I remember to bring them with me or cross things off the list or when she is not hiding them from me. The one thing that I realized the other day is that I felt rushed. I mean in a hurry for no good reason.

The last thing I want to do is to rush any part of my time with her. So as I drove in the car I made a vow not to rush. Not to rush her or me or Gerard, okay maybe Gerard but he needs to be rushed sometimes. I just want to enjoy every minute so my plan is to sit back and enjoy life with her.

So hopefully with my decision to not rush I will be able to mend my brain so that is not so much like jello. After all I have a lot I want to remember forever.

4 comments:

Rich and Jolynn said...

I have a list for the lists! Complete mushiness over here too.

So true about not wanting to rush anything. Great idea to sit back and enjoy everything with her. To remember as much as possible we have started video taping a lot. They grow and change so much so quickly!

John and Lee said...

Joy- What I found with my little lady is that she didn't know how to eat anything with texture. I fed her "mush" the first six weeks. Worked on texture foods during snack time. Cream of Wheat,lots of butter, sugar and milk (I used Pedisure instead of milk for a long time)taste just like a soup that I had in RUssia and Elizabeth loved this. I'd mix a scrabbled egg with it. Like others have said, things will work out in this department. Enjoy!!

Laura said...

Ah, yes...you are officially a mother. ;)

Just wait - you'll find yourself rushing at some point. For instance, when you're at work and it's quitting time. No more chit-chatting or "volunteering" time. You'll be RUSHING to get home to be with sweet Anna!!!

~Laura :)

JennStar said...

Womderful- you've acquired Mommy-brain. You now have so many other and different things to think about (some major and some minor), so getting Mommy-mush-brain is a very good sign! LOL!!
And I, too, live for lists. It's very odd for me NOT to have a list or 2 going at any given time. As a matter of fact, I have a new one started right in front of me! Things to do tomorrow while the boys are in school!!