Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Her birthday party was a success

Wow do the days fly by so fast around here. Saturday was Anna's birthday celebration with our families. Some how I thought I was going to be able to post about the party much sooner then this but I guess better late then never. I had asked that no gifts be brought but who listens to me. Actually, it seemed like the right number of gifts. Thank yous are on my list for today among many other things.

Gerard's vacation ends tonight so he will be back to work tonight. Anna is still sleeping so now that I a few of my phone calls out of the way I can at least post some pictures. Her sleeping scheduled got a bit screwed up so I am letting her sleep in today.

Last night was a very rough night. Mostly I think because yesterday was the first day that I left her for longer then an hour. Gerard and Jaime did well and it seemed that she did well until it was bed time. Gerard and I both think that she was having a panic attack. So sad to see her worry. I had to leave before she was up and I had thought that was a good idea but I am now retinking that.

I hate to say it in one respect but when I came home she jumped into my arms. I was so glad to see that she not only noticed that I was gone but wanted me back. Jaime noticed that once I was home she really started to babble a lot. I think for the most part the separation was not altogether a bad thing I wish it had been for a better reason however. This reaction was much different then the handful of times I have had to leave her for an hour or so.

Saturday I did leave her with Gerard while I went to pick up the food and party favors for the gift bags. Not so funny yet very funny he had strained a muscle in his leg while at the gym so he had a very slight limp. So when I got home she was excited to see me and then I realized she was limping and doing a little fake cry. I asked what happened to her leg?

That is when I realized she was following him and walking just like he was. Too funny.

The house was full of a lot of people for the party and quite a few that she had never met before. I told everyone to please direct her to me or Gerard. Then I told Gerard to not leave her side at all. Everyone listened so I actually was able to relax for a couple of minutes and talk with my sisters and Aunt a bit about what is going on around here.

I could see at one point Anna or Gerard (who also does not like a crowd) was over stimulated because I saw them playing in the backyard together with her beach ball. I could not have asked for a better solution or more perfect timing. He is very sensitive to her needs which is wonderful. I love that he does not push her hard and just lets her explore while dragging him around by the finger.




The cake (or should I say cakes) and candles were too funny. The other night Gerard said the only thing he wanted was a picture of her blowing out the candle. That is when it dawned on me that even though we had a practice cake with my Mother we never lite a candle. My great nephew Hans was not only the only one to wear a party hat but was taking notes about how to blow out the candle. Anna jut loves him to pieces.




She got a new purse from my mother which she walks around the house with. By far the 2 favorites are the glow worm (buy one worth every penny) and the riding toy which she loves using to give her babies a ride on.






And yes I have lost weight. About 25 lbs to be exact. I think it is a combination of chasing her, trying to eat better foods for her to model after and the 4 mile daily walk that we take so she will nap. More tomorrow I promise.

10 comments:

Lakeshore Cottage Living said...

Happy Birthday Anna!!! and what a special birthday it was...

Beautiful pictures and what a sweet pink dress! The cake looked delicious too.

Looks like all of you are doing really great. So happy for you Joy.

Kristine

Melissa said...

The cakes are beautiful. I love her dress. And you both look amazing! What a great day for all of you. Happy birthday sweet Anna!
Melissa

Carey and Norman said...

Happy Birthday Anna! What a sweetie pie. I love the birthday crown...so fitting for a princess!

It sounds like her birthday was a success and I'm glad she enjoyed her new birthday presents.

The dress is beautiful...did you do the stitchwork?

Mandy @ The Party of 3 said...

Yay! Happy Birthday Anna~!~ I have been waiting for this post! I am so glad she had a great time! I love that she got a glow warm! That was one of Sierra's fave toys! Congrats on the weightloss girly! Chasing those kids will do it to ya!

Oh and thats so funny that she was limping! Sierra used to have fake coughs/sneezes when someone would do it around her!

Kate said...

Joy,

She is so pretty. I feel like her personality is really coming out in these pictures.

Katie

Dana Doctor said...

You look fabulous Joy!!! (Of course you were always beautiful though!). I am so glad her party went well. She is such a doll. I love the way she hugs the stuffed animal.Anna is so sweet!

MBKimmy said...

Happy Birthday Anna
I love the pictures
I love that you both can see the signs and what she need and I really LOVE that she is attaching to you already!

Congrats and I look forward to more posts!

www.adventureswithaidan.org said...

You, and Anna, look marvelous!

PattiL said...

Joy ur glowing!

Troy and Rachel said...

Happy Birthday Anna!! And Wow - Joy - you look great - congrats on the 25 pounds!! I'm glad you had a great birthday celebration!