Thursday, May 28, 2009

Let's start week # 12 ***Updated***

Well it looks like I am well into my wait now. When I first started waiting I thought to myself 'I will have a court date by week 12' the one thing about Russian adoptions is that constant is change and hurry up and wait.

I can tell you that for me I think I have done pretty good with the wait. I am trying my best to not be snappy. But I am human and imperfect.

So where do I stand today? All of my paperwork is in to the agency including the additional paperwork from the orthopedic. For today I'm breathing a sigh of relief even if it is short lived.

So you would think that I am done right? No!

My home study agency's license up for renewal and actually expires at the end of the month. Both doctor's license expire at the end of June. I have not gotten any word but from the USCIS about my extension for the I-171h which expires in July.

These sound like easy documents but here is my fear. The things have I thought were easy have always been the biggest problems. The things that I thought were going to be hard were always the easiest.

Oh gosh I hope to hear something about a court date soon. I just keep imagining that they are hugging and loving her. Maybe they have even taken some pictures for me with the camera I left.

***Today in the mail I got a letter from the USCIS stating that they are working on my I-171h extension. I just need to send them my birth certificate. This is great news!!***

10 comments:

Kami said...

I love your comment "Hurry up and wait", that should be the international adoption process motto! I remember having to get our homestudy agency's license and it being harder to get than everything else too!:). I am sure it will all be fine, though.. You still have a month before they expire and anything is possible! God will look after you and your Little Banana! Hang in there and I am praying for a court date! :)

Carey and Norman said...

Let's pray for a quick court date, so you no longer have to update any documents...you've already done your fair share!!

Come On Call....we are waiting!!

www.adventureswithaidan.org said...

As long as your court date is before the expiration, you'll be good to go. And, I know the agencies always tell us that it takes a month for paperwork to get to the right people, we sent the last of ours around the 10th of February and then found out about our court date on February 29th. . .we, along with several other folks, became couriers for other folkss coming behind us with paperwork for the Russian coordinators. . .I'm sure your's is the same. . .You continue in my prayers!
Stacy

Suz said...

Joy, I am praying that the wait will end soon and then all you'll have left is the hurry up!!

Troy and Rachel said...

Hang on...hopefully those docs won't expire before your court date. 12 weeks is long enough - still praying you hear something soon.

John and Lee said...

Hello, I follow your blog from time to time thru the O'Neals blog site. I just want you to know that I know how you feel. We waited a very long time as well for a court date. I snapped at lots of people way more than I care to admitt. Just keep pushing and pushing and pushing your agency. Things WILL work out!! I pray that your phone rings when you least expect it and the rest is history...

Anonymous said...

Great news about the 171h!!!! Praying the court call comes soon :)

Love,adrienne

Barb said...

So happy you got some good news from USCIS! I know exactly how you feel - our court date was 6 months after meeting Sofia!

Lakeshore Cottage Living said...

So happy to hear about the USCIS extension! Things are coming together...

I would be going crazy right now...you are the perfect example of patience.

Kristine

The Robins' Nest said...

Glad to hear they are working on the extension. Now they have your paperwork in Russia it is only a matter of time before they call you with a court date!