Wednesday, May 6, 2009

The Dresser

I know this sounds crazy but I had I have this vision of what I want her room to look like when we get home. In my mind for the past couple of years I had pictured an antique rock maple wooden dresser.

This is always where Gerard and I differ in our opinion of what is beautiful. I love old furniture that has some suttle wear and he loves brand new funiture. So the struggle was on.

I conceded and found a dresser that met most of my requirements at Ikea. 3 draws, creamy white and not too tall. It is a little shabby chic which is my favorite. My family always laughs at me because white is my favorite color. Jaime even has told me "Aunt Joy baby's really do like color and white is not really a color!"

Little Banana is very lucky to a Grandpa who can put anything together. Here are the pictures to prove it. He actually put this together a couple of months ago and I have waited on posting it until I was closer to traveling.

3 comments:

Laura said...

Nice dresser! And is that a bottle of champagne on it to celebrate when you head back to bring little Banana home?

Love the pictures with Dottie. My first dog was a dalmation and I think of her every time I open your blog. My little doggie was "Freckles!!".

~Laura :)

Carey and Norman said...

As you know, I too love shabby chic. I'm getting so excited. Cannot wait to see banana in her room!

Loved your target inquiry for the letter N. I laughed so hard when I read that post. Sounds like something I would do!

Roger and Joanne said...

I'm more of the contemporary type, but the white furniture and the buttercup yellow drapes look so AMAZING. Very beautiful--she'll love it!