Thursday, May 7, 2009

8 Weeks Down

Well I hit another milestone today. 8 weeks are done. It will not be long now. I know that they told me that the wait for my second trip could be as long as 6 months. I pray everyday that it is not. I have been day dreaming that I will get the call very soon. I just want her home before her birthday. I know that may sound silly because she will only be 2 and she probably does not even know when her birthday is but I do.

So in true form of trying my best to stay positive how much longer could the wait really be. I am ONLY weeks away from going back and scooping her up in my arms and taking her home forever. I always say if you put the only in front of something it makes it sound so much better.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

i hope your call comes very, very soon!

Melissa said...

When Christmas came and went I only hoped to have Colby home by his 2nd birthday (and Easter). Thankfully that happened. We came home in Feb and just had his birthday on April 28th. I completely understand, and no it isn't silly to hope for that. I hope it comes true for you too.
Melissa

Michael, Carrie, and S said...

I understand that you want to have her home by the time she is 2, and I really hope that you all don't have to wait much longer. You are staying very positive, but I know how hard it is, too! Hopefully that court date will be scheduled very soon!

Jane and Jim said...

I'm down here cheering you on! You are so close now Joy, hang in there and keep getting her room just right because once she comes, you won't redo it for a loooong while!

www.adventureswithaidan.org said...

It will happen. . .soon, too! I know what you mean about being home by her birthday. . .we wanted that with Aidan, and got it! We had to miss Christmas and Easter, but we got his birthday! And that was good. . .When is her birthday? That way I can be more specific with my prayer for you. God bless!

Roger and Joanne said...

You've been very patient so far. Surely you'll be rewarded for that --very soon!

Lakeshore Cottage Living said...

Keeping you in my prayers...hang in there!

Can't wait to see her room...will you plan to post pics when it is all done?

Kristine

Rich and Jolynn said...

I am Praying too that it will not be a 6 month wait for you and little banana to be reunited.