Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Frustation

Today I am frustrated. I can remember starting to feel frustrated when I was waiting for a referral back in December and January. I can remember being even more frustrated when I was waiting to hear about my travel dates for the first trip. I am doing my best to practice patience but that is hard.

So today's frustration is with those who think they are doing what I am asking them to do, in particular my doctor. I am lucky because I have a notary who has been willing to notarize something at the drop of a hat for me. I just need to make the phone call and off she goes with me which makes it easier.

Instead my doctor, whom I love because he really is so accommodating to me decided to handle it himself. I will let you guess what the results are. One of the papers that I needed him to sign, not signed. But to top it off the notary wrote one date then wrote another date over top of it. That is not the topper. Here is I needed 5 of these 2 documents guess how many he gave me? You guessed it 1.

So the plan for tomorrow was a 3 hour tour out to Trenton to drop these documents off. Instead I will drive to the doctor's office again and re-ask for the documents with the notary to be signed. If there is enough time I may still drive to Trenton but that will only be a maybe since it depends on the time.

I got a generalized (and I stress generalized) email from my agency telling me that it takes about a month for documents to reach the right hands in Russia. In my head I can see where it takes that long. But my heart is breaking at the thought of it taking that long. I hate to say it but today I feel like this could drag on and on and on.

16 comments:

Melissa said...

I certainly know how you feel. It is so frustrating. Your doctor was only trying to help, but it never helps does it? I hope that you can straighten everything out and soon. Good luck!
Melissa

Anonymous said...

Lord, I just pray for Joy as she awaits the time to be able to bring home her daughter. Lord, I just pray that you give her peace as everything seems to be going wrong. Lord, I just ask that you do your will in all these situations and if it is your will help Joy be able to bring home her daughter soon.

Amen

www.adventureswithaidan.org said...

It will all work out in the end and this will all seem like a minor blip on the screen of life. You're in my prayers.

Amy said...

Big hug! I feel for you girl - hand hurting and heart hurting.

Can you ask your agency if they can email scan the documents and then send them as well? At least then the Russian folks can start working on the translations while the documents are on their way.

AdoptaMama said...

So frustrating. We had something similar happen with one of our doctors. It's hard because they're just trying to help and you don't want to be a pain, but in the end, you have to do what you have to do. Sucks, huh? :(

findingourdaughter said...

You have had SO MUCH to be frustrated about with this journey! I'm so sorry....I pray things smooth out and all this ends soon....with your daughter home at last.
I like Amy's idea.....wow, that would sure make this process faster! That Amy, she is one smart girl! (Who I finally get to meet IRL late this summer!!)
Hugs and God Bless!

Carey and Norman said...

The wait is certainly not easy. My heart is with you as I know how much you want to return to bring the little banana home!! Prayers coming your way!!

True Story said...

Joy,
I feel for you dear. The wait for court was such a long dark (and annoying!) period for me. And of course it is the hardest wait because you KNOW who hangs in the balance. I am praying for you! Remember, you won't even be able to enjoy the finish line before you find yourself at a brand new (but wonderful) starting line - parenting. So take some time and do stuff for yourself. Sounds like you could use a massage!
Blessings, Sandy

Beth said...

Hello, Oh the paper work frustration oh how I feel your pain. You would think a letter from my car loan company would be quick and easy yah right 3 calls and about 2 hours on the phone and I still do not think they understand exactly what I need. Chin up and it will all work out in the end when you can bring your little girl home. Beth

Anonymous said...

ugh! i hate all that paperwork and how everything has to be just so. so very frustrating! i hope things progress more quickly than a month.

PattiL said...

All I had to do was make a cover letter stating that all the info was true and correct and unalterer, and have the cover done then paper clip them together and have that all appostilled. And since I live in the same town as our agency I got them all done by her! Eww a drive to trenton, good luck!

Troy and Rachel said...

Hang in there...I know it's tough, but it will be so worth it - as I am sure you know! I hope that arm is healing every day!

Michael, Carrie, and S said...

Oh Joy-I'm sorry you had such a rough day. I remember that each time we got documents completed, I would hold my breath until I saw the notary part. It is such a stressful thing! I hope things will work out tomorrow where you can still make it to Trenton to get them apostilled. I'll pray your agency can get them there quicker than they are telling you, so that you hear something sooner than you think. Hang in there.

Adrienne, Another Ordinary Miracle said...

Oh, Joy, I am so sorry it's taking so long and you have all of these roadblocks that keep popping up. I pray that it all gets smoothed out for you quicker than you've been told and that you will be reunited with your sweet baby girl very very soon. I hope your arm is feeling better this week!

Prayers...

Nicole said...

It always feels like you are waiting on someone else to do there part in this adoption process! It seemed like an eternity for us! I promise you will be looking back on these times in a few months and say where did all my free time go!!!!I hope you hear something soon!!!!
Nicole
www.arussianprincess.blogspot.com

Laura said...

A month for the p/w to reach Russia? How are they sending it...ground?? Really -- we did what Amy suggests to save time and get a jump on translations. And we used DHL or other families for deliveries.

Keeping you in our prayers!

~Laura