Sunday, May 17, 2009

The Real Deal

So it has been a week since I broke my arm. How am I fairing you ask? Is okay an answer? It hurts! I mean it really hurts more then I think it should at times. I because of where the break is I have no movement in my wrist because of the way it is casted not the break. If the pain holds up I will be calling the doctor for another X-Ray. The worst is that the pain medication is making me sick to my stomach.

Not being able to sew, quilt, smock or crochet is driving me crazy. I never sit and just do nothing. On the flip side my house is pretty well picked up because I can walk around and put things away. So that is positive.

So how is my mind holding up you ask? That is a little more tricky. I am having some good moments and some mad moments and some sad moments. Mostly I am just worried all the time. Between dragging this cast around and all the worrying that I am doing I am exhausted.

Getting together the paperwork in the past has been a challenge but to be quite honest it was a challenge that I have only shared with Gerard and my fellow bloggers. Most of my family had never seen the blog until I gave them the address right before my first trip. Having to involve others in my trips to all these crazy places and having others have to witness my pleading looks, personal questions and lengthy explanations as to why I need these documents is humbling. I thank God that most of the paperwork is done.

I know the instinct it to tell me not to worry and that is what I am telling myself too. Maybe I have kept too much from my family about how hard this adoption has been maybe I have told them too much and they are just numb. I do not know.

The travel question!! This is the question that I am getting the most. I am taking applications for a travel companion. I have been told that I will not be able to travel alone with a cast. No seriously Gerard may be traveling with me but just not staying the either time. I am also considering taking one of my nieces, a friend or other family member. Dottie does not have a passport and she has never been on a plane so she is out of the running.

I am NOT going to say that I will try to put this in God's hands. I see no other choice but to put it in God's hands.

6 comments:

Melissa said...

All I can say is, I know how you feel. It was terrible waiting for that travel date and having to answer everyone's questions about why it was taking so long. Ugh! Know that there are people out here who understand and care. If you were closer, I'd love to help you out. Email or blog anytime. I'm here to listen.
Melissa

Kami said...

Oh no, Joy! I am sooo sorry I haven't posted sooner on your blog! I have been a little behind on my blogging lately. I just caught up on your blog and I am sorry to hear about your arm! I can't believe that they had to put a cast on it that far up on your arm! Ouch! I hope things start looking up for you soon.. it will all work out in the end. I am praying for you as always that you hear something soon and that everything falls into place for you. Oh, and by the way.. don't you wish that animals could travel with you? I am the same way about my two dogs, I would have taken them with us to Russia in a heartbeat if I could have! Hang in there! :)

jaimejaimelynnlynn said...

If you need a ride to the doctor's for another x-ray I'm free all week!! We should do a lunch either way!! I have some good news! I'll probally be calling you soon to tell you all about it!!

findingourdaughter said...

I feel so sad for you! I am praying you get your travel dates really soon......waiting is EXHAUSTING! I hope your pain subsides so you can only worry/think about your little girl.
About family.....mine just acts like we are NOT adopting....it just doesn't exist! UGH!
Hugs and God bless!

AdoptaMama said...

I feel so badly for you. It's tough having to rely on so many people when it's really the last thing you want to have to do. I hope you are able to get pain relief without the side-effects.

I have wondered (and asked before) how you are doing this without your husband being there with you. In our region, it was required that we both had to travel to meet our children and also for court. Could you please explain? I have a friend who is in a bind because her husband is unable to travel internationally due to various reasons and they are finding it very difficult, actually nearly impossible, to adopt from EE because of that fact. Thanks for any info.

Carey and Norman said...

Glad you are doing okay and sorry to hear about your arm. Amazing how much happens when you take time off blogging for a vacation. I hope you are feeling even better now and that you are getting everything done to return to Russia!!