Saturday, May 23, 2009

"It would be perfect if..."

Well she is now 20 months old. I have to say I can not wait to tease Gerard and tell him that she is 20 then clarify it and say 20 months. He has been very busy shopping for a baby pool. Now I know that it may be premature to think that we need a baby pool but honestly they sell out here in NJ because it is a seasonal item.

So after pouring over multiple advertisments he brings me the flyer to show me two different pools one that is rectangular and one that is round. Both pools were the same price and height, I think 20 inches high. Here is were the "problem" comes in and why he is stressed. The rectangular pool has opacque sides and the round one has clear sides. He wants the round pool with the opacque sides. Things like this really make me laugh because the next words out of his mouth are usually "It would be perfect if..."

So lately I start all comparisomes with this line. Now we both laugh because in the big sceme of things this not a big deal. So as many of you know we goof around a lot. I was detressed after I broke my arm because I wanted a handmade smocked dress for her to come home in. Again I this seems silly to me to be upset about this something so insignificant. So now I am spending my time to find the PERFECT dress to bring her home in. Now he is laughing at me too.

My spirit is re-kindled and my outlook is shaping up. One cue as I hit the two week mark of my break the pain is finally starting to subside. Other good news is yesterday I got an email from my coordinator because she wants to talk about the next steps. I think this is all positive so we are going to set up a time for some time next week to talk.

I have to pick up paperwork on Tuesday. I am just waiting on one license that is it.

4 comments:

Melissa said...

It sure sounds like you're getting closer. That's great! I am glad your pain is subsiding too. The Children's Place, Baby Gap, Sears, and JCPenney's all have cute kid clothes. I love looking at all the dresses.
Melissa

www.adventureswithaidan.org said...

I got matching outfits for Pat and Aidan to wear "home" from the orphanage. . .Henley shirts and lined jeans from L L Bean. . .I love that picture!

Check out Gymboree--they have great deals and really cute clothes.

Sounds like things might be moving again for you! Prayers being said daily.

Adrienne, Another Ordinary Miracle said...

This post was too cute. I can just see Gerard saying that and analyzing the perfect pool :)

Go to www.orientexpressed.com for very cute not-too-expensive smocked clothes!!!!!!

Carey and Norman said...

Isn't it funny how we worry so much about the clothes we will dress our little ones in to come home. But, we expect lots of photographs, so it is only normal!!

Hoping you get some news from your agency this week!