Sunday, February 22, 2009

Update About the Agency's Financial Outlook

Saturday morning one of the emails that I received was about the financial outlook of the agency. Back in January there was quite a bit of concern about the financial viability of my agency. Of course that got me into a bit of a panic and I was scrambling to position myself for the worst possible news and the need to change agencies.

Well the financial outlook has improved!! That is music to my ears. According to the letter the agency has sent me there has been a significant rise in domestic adoptions for this year. 86% of the waiting families have paid the supplemental fees that we were asked to pay by February. The need and expectation was 75%. Since the first week of January my agency has placed 9 infants for domestic adoption. From what the letter states there has also been a significant rise in calls from potential birthmothers to the agency to discuss their options. I am sure the the economic state of Michigan has been a factor in the increased number of calls by birthmothers.

I applaud any pregnant woman who considers adoption. I think making a plan for adoption and placing a child for a adoption has got to be one of the hardest decisions any woman could make. Please know that the birth parents are thought about every time an adoptive mother thinks of her child. In my case every time I see a woman give birth I think of the birth parents. Sorry off on a tangent!

Internationally, the letter stated that 16 children have been brought home to the U.S. Since the beginning of the year. 16 that is get news!! 2 of these children were from Russian which by itself is wonderful considering there is a slowdown every year in January because of the holidays.

The agency has taken our request for them to be more financially transparent seriously. As a waiting parent I will receive a quarterly statement about their finances. I can only hope and pray for financial security for the agency because they are given every child that they place an opportunity for a life with a loving family who can care for them.

1 comment:

Troy and Rachel said...

I'm glad the outlook is ooking good! The bonnet you made was adorable!