Saturday, February 21, 2009

My Coordinator has been changed again!

In an effort not to get upset I have waited to post about these changes and I am glad that I did. Thursday I got a call from a friend who is also using my agency to tell me that she got a letter telling her that our coordinator is being moved internally to a different area of the agency. I had not gotten that letter so I had a bit of concern over who would take over my case or if she was having to keep it and start a new position.

Believe me I understand that in every company especially in Michigan there are a number of changes that each employee is having to make to keep there job. My job is no different. We are making changes left and right with additional responsiblities being added daily. The pressure for every one is on because of the economy.

I just feel that I am at a very delicate stage in the process that I just want to make sure that things are not being missed. I do have some questions that can not seemingly be answered until I travel for my first trip. The age limit in my home study is one area that will have to be changed before my second trip so I am making a list of things that I think might need attention so that I have it handy.

I emailed my agency on Thursday night (very late) so I did not expect an answer until Friday late or maybe not even until Monday. I did check my email before I went to bed last night just in case I had missed a response but there was nothing.

So this morning I woke up and the first thing I did before even getting out of bed was to check my email from my new phone. How did I live without that for so many years. To my surprise I had 3 emails from my agency. No travel dates but I am still hopeful. The first two responses were from my old coordinator telling me that yes she was moving to a different position. To my excitement she told me that the director of the Russian program will be taking on my case.

I am a bit shocked and relieved to know that she will be the one handling my case. I am sure that I am not the only one that has been farmed out to her but WOW and I glad that I was. I know that in the past couple of months I have posted that I really did not and quite honestly do not feel any emotional connection between my agency and myself. I hope and pray that this will change. Believe me I am not looking for them to hold my hand through the process or stroke my feelings daily because that is not what I expect or need at this point but I do expect and deserve a level of compassion and empathy.

The director of the Russian program is actually the one who told me about my referral when I was in Detroit and honestly she was wonderful to talk to that day even before I found out about Little Banana. I have confidence that she will do her best to help me complete my adoption. I really think that if it is in her power she will help to smooth out as many bumps as possible along the way. So in my opinion this is great news!

8 comments:

Rich and Jolynn said...

I like the change. I believe you are in good hands, bring on the little banana. The coordinator change is happening over here too. Hoping for the best possible outcome. Praying that you have the travel dates as soon as possible. Thanks for talking with me the other day, I sure was frazzled.

Roger and Joanne said...

Oh...this does sound like good news. I'm very happy for you and now hopefully things will start rollin'.

Kevin T. said...

Hi Joy,
Yes - That is great news!! I am sure the Director will have lots of experience and will help you bring your little one home soon.
It seems there are just so many changes with all these agencies!
Hang in there - I know you should hear news soon!

Laura said...

Change sometimes is so hard - especially when we have our sights set on the finish line and don't want any other hurdles getting in the way. But as I anxiously read through your post, it does look good! Whew!

Hang in there...I've had to hold onto the mantra "everything happens for a reason"...and I truly believe it.

~Laura :)

jaimejaimelynnlynn said...

I think it's really nice that your new Coordinator is someone you've meet in person!

qmiller said...

Hi, Just came upon your blog and wanted to introduce myself. I'm a single mom to a 5 year old daughter from Kazakhstan, and we also live in Michigan. Best wishes on hearing news of your travel dates in the near future, and hoping that the new coordinator will be a great change for you.
Quaintance

Amy said...

I think this is definitely a great change. Since you now have the program director working for you, I hope you get those darn 1st trip travel dates real soon. :-)

Shari said...

I was dismayed also to have our coordinator changed. I loved the one that is "moving up". It is frustrating, but I guess we need to do our part and keep the faith!
Shari