Sunday, February 1, 2009

Now I am going to buckle down

Enough fooling around! That is what I am telling myself even though I believe that if I am not prepared the call with travel dates will come much sooner. Well I tried that theory for the past 2 weeks and that has not worked. Please do not think that I am complaining because actually I am doing much better with the wait then I originally thought I would but I have a feeling that this will all change this week.

A couple of months ago I was supposed to be done with my degree, WELL that was not the case. After my classes were audited the University figured out that I needed a math class. Thank goodness that was the only thing that I needed. So for the past 4 weeks I have been going a bit crazy thinking of the little banana and trying to do math online. Which was much easier then I thought it would be mostly because I LOVE math. I find it relaxing. So this was a good class to take now in one respect. However I am a perfectionist when it comes to school work and I have a little difficulty when others are do not. Note to self throw out all your perfectionist ways your going to be a Mother and none on us are perfect anyway.

So last night I went to the store (I know a broken record) to get my new phone. I love it. It was more then I needed and more then I wanted but I think I will use it so what the heck. Rarely do I splurge on myself hence the 5 year old sweat shirt I wear everywhere. By the way Stacy and Clinton have not shown up yet for my session of what not to wear!

My intention last night was to register for the baby. Two things got in the way my splitting headache and I suddenly wanted Gerard to be with me. That is just crazy for me because when it comes to these things I usually do it all. I am very independent and honestly he has told me "I do not care what color the sheets are they are the same with the lights out!"

So I called him from the store and I think he was glad that I missed him and wanted him to be there with me. Okay honestly once I get him there I will probably hate it but I can always change things later and probably will.

4 comments:

Rich and Jolynn said...

Hi Joy,

It will happen this week. Just have a feeling that by the end of this week you will know your flights and arrangements. We are so excited for you!

Are you taking your new phone with you to Russia?

Becky and Keith said...

Ohhh... I remember the reverse psychology days! I wouldn't take a vacation, wouldn't plan anything because I was waiting! Well, I planned a vacation and that morning I was packing my bags and BAM! I got an email with our travel dates. :-) Definitely keep doing what you're doing and when you least expect it - you'll get that call or email!

Troy and Rachel said...

Hoping those dates come this week. I'm glad you got your honey to help you shop - it makes them really feel like they are helping out!

Kevin T. said...

Sounds like you have definitely been keeping busy - I also have a feeling it will happen when you least expect it, and soon!! I am embarrassed to let you know how long ago I registered -I think it is definitely the right time for you guys!