Wednesday, February 11, 2009

I bought luggage today! Yeah

Does anyone remember when I took my trip out to Detroit and I realized that I could not find any of my luggage?? I absolutely know that packing light is the best way to make it to and from Russia in one piece. I am also one of those people who has nothing in my draws I hang up everything. So I made the decision to buy a garment bag style piece of luggage.

I got quite the deal for 49 dollars. I think it should be plenty big enough yet small enough to be able to maneuver around with easy. I think now is the time to start to put together the things that I want to pack I was thinking about a dry run packing session.

No news about my travel dates as of today but tomorrow is another day. I have a feeling that there are probably a number of families traveling right now. I think I will call the agency tomorrow to see is there is any news.

5 comments:

Nicole Brueck said...

Yay for new luggage! Be forewarned that our luggage was destroyed after 3 trips to Russia, so it is good that you didn't spend much...you may have to replace some pieces.
Still sending quick travel date vibes!

www.adventureswithaidan.org said...

Keeping busy is the best medicine. . .and the luggage sounds perfect for Trip #1! Happy practicing!! I secretly (although now not so secretly) wish I was going with you. : )

Kevin T. said...

I hope you hear news really soon! I am also sending those quick travel vibes!!

Rich and Jolynn said...

I have been wondering about the visas and what has to be done to get them. Not sure but I think a lot of families find themselves receiving them the day before travel, yikes.

Thanks for talking with me yesterday I have been on pins and needles, walking on ice. You helped me find a peace of mind - for this week at least hehehe!

Lakeshore Cottage Living said...

Glad to hear you got such a great deal on the luggage. I agree with the luggage being destroyed...although ours has lasted 5 trips now through all of our adoptions.

I REALLY hope you hear something soon.