Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Checking Things Off My List

Today I started on the second part of the dossier. Thank goodness the person in my HR department is so nice. I believe this is the third time that she has had to write a letter to verify my employment. I was able to collect 4 copies this morning and I hope to send then out by the end of the week for the apostilles. I do not want to get caught in the same situation where I am paying 20 dollars for an apostille instead of just 5 dollars like last time.

This afternoon I made my rounds at 2 of the local banks in the search for new money. I need clean, crisp, nonmarked, new bills. I honestly had hoped that I would be able to give Gerard's mother this job but they decided to go on vacation and I did not have the heart to ask her to do this before she left. Hopefully, the bank's shipment for Monday will have some new money in it. I should know one way or another by Friday. I have about 1/4 of what I wanted to take in good money collected so far. I do not think this will be as much of a problem as I first thought.

Tomorrow I will go to the tax office because I will need an updated document stating that I own my house, well at least me and the bank own this house. The tax assessor is really a nice man. I know that sounds crazy but he was so helpful last year when I needed this document.

This evening I went to T@rget to get some pictures printed for the baby book that I will leave with my little one. Everyone tells me that I am so hard to buy for. In a lot of ways I am like a toddler with the "I do it myself" syndrome. I guess that is why I am so hard to buy gifts for. For me it was a very hard decision to go ahead and register but alas I did.

I am still waiting on my travel dates and trying my best not to worry. I had hoped to hear something this week. I am holding out because the week is not over yet. I think I will call tomorrow afternoon if I remember (Oh who are we kidding I will remember).

Wow I did not think that I had done much today for the adoption but once I write it out I realized that I was very productive. If only every day was this productive.

5 comments:

Barb said...

Hi Joy! Glad everything is truckin' along! Why do you need crisp, new bills?

Rich and Jolynn said...

$20.00 what! They charge you that if you go to the State Capital location for notary guarantee? That is not nice. $5.00 is better but how long do you have to wait?

I am Praying that you have your travel dates as soon as possible.

Amy said...

Check, Check, Check, look at your list getting smaller. Great Job today.

webchrissy said...

We have the same syndrome...my mom says they'll be nothing left for the baby shower! We just like to handle things ourselves...I guess I am a control freak! Hang in there!

junglemama said...

Hope you get through it quickly. We are assembling our dossier ot adopt from Ukraine! It is an exhausting task!