Thursday, February 5, 2009

I've Been Tagged!

I was tagged by Becky and yes Becky this will help me to pass the time. First of all I love that you all think I read books usually I listen to them in the car. I am however a shameless blog stalker and try not to miss a single blog entry. Knowing this you would think that I had to search long and hard to find a book that had at least 56 pages. I was surprised that I did not have to go far at all. This book was sitting next to me under one of my crochet patterns.

The book is 100 ways to simplify your life by Joyce Meyers. A couple of months ago I was going through some times that I thought were difficult. My friends are the ones that mostly noticed the difference in me and of course you all.

Here are a couple of sentences from page 56. "It's okay if things don't end up with a perfect result. No child ever learned to walk without falling down multiple times. They would never learn if they just sat down and cried about the fall; they must get up and try again and again."

What a wonderful thought. How appropriate for anyone who is experiencing a hard time in their life. I have to say that I have been affected by many of the people whose blogs I follow. This blog has in some ways forced me to think about my actions and how they may affect others.

I started watching this woman Joyce Meyer in the morning before I went to bed mostly because I was having a very hard time falling asleep and was a bit sad. The more I listened to her the more I enjoyed listening to her. So when I was out Christmas shopping last year I popped into the book store to buy this one. The book is a fast read and I really have been enjoying it.

Don't think that this will end here. I have to tag 5 others. Here are the rules pick up the nearest book, turn to page 56 and post the 5th sentence then tag 5 others to do the same.

Nicole
Tammy
Stacy
Jolynn
Debbie

5 comments:

Jane and Jim said...

Very appropriate! Nice!

I hope you hear something very soon-

Kevin T. said...

Sounds like a great book!
I know you should hear your travel dates really soon and you will finally get to meet the little banana in person! It is good to have books on tape to enjoy while you wait!

Deb said...

Great excerpt. I really enjoy Joyce Meyer. I've listened to her and read her books for years.
Battlefield for the Mind is my favorite.
Thanks for the tag!

Unknown said...

I'm still reading 100 Ways to Simplify Your Life too! I love it!

Penny said...

I hope you get the long awaited call soon! I think the pins and needles here are annoying I can't imagine how you are feeling. I keep checking in to see updates.

I LOVE Joyce Meyer, I also found her during a troubling time and now am hooked. I have several books and try to watch her atleast once a day.

tapping my toe for you...........