Thursday, February 26, 2009

Monthly Agency Update Letter

Just a small bit of news. I did get a letter yesterday that I am guessing everyone has gotten to update the families who are waiting for a referral, travel or court dates. The letter discusses the plan of action for those who have a home study with a black listed agency and how the death of a little boy in Virginia has affected the adoption process.

The good thing is this letter also stated that 6 different families have had their court date in the past 2 weeks. I am no expert but I think that is a lot of families in a 2 week period. Also the letter states that in the past 3 weeks 8 families have traveled for their first trip.

Even though it is not me who has traveled I am comforted by the thought that others are traveling. Families are being formed. Soon I will be one of those parents being talked about in a letter to other waiting families and that makes me smile.

7 comments:

Melissa said...

I know you will go see your little one soon. The wait is difficult but seeing our children for the first time is an amazing feeling. We are thinking of you and hoping for news soon.
Melissa and Colby

Amy said...

Joy, Your time will come. And this is all good the number of families that are traveling and having court. Hang in there. I remember the excitement of being in our agency update as the family traveling to meet their twins, going to bring them home, etc.
Hoping you get your dates very very soon. Amy

Roger and Joanne said...

Yep--good news! Hang in there.

www.adventureswithaidan.org said...

This is one time it is really good to be a statistic! You'll get there. Prayers.

Troy and Rachel said...

It's so great that you remain so positive! Your daughter will one day love reading her adoption story!

Kevin T. said...

Hi Joy! That is great news that so many familes have court and traveling! You are next!!
Hang in there...Teresa

Dede said...

Sounds like positive news...hang in there, your time is coming!