Saturday, February 28, 2009

Finger Print Update

I should know by now I that should trust my blogger friends. Yesterday I received my letter for my finger print appointment. I am due to be in Elizabeth, NJ for my finger prints on March 6th. I hate it when I am not the one that gets to pick out my appointment dates and times because it can be difficult to get my schedule changed around because I work 12 hour shifts at night then add in that because of some serious cut backs the pool of people that I can ask to cover my shift is not very big like 8 or 9 people.

I am trying to save all my favors for when I have to travel. I will however have to start to take some time off because a new policy where I work about the amount of vacation time that I can have in my vacation bank. Currently I have close to 600 hours and I was hoping to just use them all when the little Banana comes home but I believe the new policy will only allow me to carry 240 hours.

Usually when the census is down and I am put on call I take it without pay. I have done this for a couple of years in the hopes that I will feel comfortable not getting a full paycheck so that going part time will not feel so different. In the past couple of months I have worked a couple of months in a row that I only got a part time paycheck. It is tight but I think I can do it.

But I have a plan. I will buy back 100 hours and put it in the bank for things that I may need to travel and I will start to take my call offs with pay. My plan is to save as much money as I can now for later. We are still kicking around the thought of me going part time. I think with the state of the economy Gerard is a little hesitant but once she is here I am pretty sure that he will see it my way.

So alas no travel dates this week but I plan to call again next week. Off to make a mess out of my organized home.

3 comments:

Nicole Brueck said...

I think you have a well thought out plan Joy. Little banana will need you home when she gets here. I will never regret the time I spent with Ryan at home at the very beginning. Working part time has been very good for me, emotionally and for our family financially.
Still sending travel date prayers....

Dede said...

Something happened that we couldn't make one of the fingerprint dates they sent us and they told us we could go anytime they were open, not just the day/time on the letter. You might check with your office and see what they say.

Matt and Carla Morgan said...

Next week would be a fabulous week to get some travel dates, I think :)

Sending hugs and prayers,

cm