Friday, February 20, 2009

Staying Busy

You can tell that I am trying my best to stay busy. The sewing machine is smoking from all the projects that I have started and yes completed. Here is a preview.
Quilted slippers.



I told Gerard I need to measure his feet because I am making us all matching slippers. His first response was a giggle until he figured out that I was serious. Then his next response was "I can not wear purple slippers!" Third reaction was "I am not sure you can trace my feet evenly." You all know he has that even thing going on. Oh and did I mention that he walks around with his shoes on. I told him that she will want us all to match.

He told me having a girl is going to really hard on him.

The other day he called me from the parking lot of the store to tell me he was parked next to a truck with a little girl dressed in pink and that she waved at him. It made him think of little banana.



Here is one of the bonnets that I have completed. Gosh I hope she will still be small enough to wear it. If she is 10 by the time I get her home she might look a bit silly. Staying busy is the only thing that seems to help.

5 comments:

Kevin T. said...

Joy - You are so talented! You can earn a great living off of those things - I know I would buy them! They are adorable!

Amy said...

I know what you mean!! What seems to be the delay?

www.adventureswithaidan.org said...

These are really cute! I would love some blue ones for Aidan, if you're selling. . . : )

Stay busy. It does help pass the time and it helps keep you focused on being ready when the time comes.

And, yes, as you can see from the time frame alloted for getting that PPR done, it's no wonder so many agencies are in trouble with that!
God bless!

Roger and Joanne said...

You are very talented, indeed! Nice job!

I'm sure the waiting is hard. They've given you a referral and still no dates for travel--what gives???

I'm hoping it's very soonn for you!!!

Laura said...

Wow...gonna start calling you Martha Stewart ~ and that's a compliment!!).

We had major plumbing issues this past weekend (jack-hammered 2 huge holes inside our house through the slab/tile and repiping done) -- the mess has had me going 24/7 and I don't see an end yet. Sewing sounds so much more soothing!

Will continue to look forward to more Joy Creations!

~Laura