Thursday, April 29, 2010

I'm a Mother...I know delayed reation

The other day I just smiled. I looked at Anna smiled and realized that I am her Mother or Mama as she calls me. Anna has started to go into another room and call me or Gerard. When she does this we make a big deal of it and call back to her and run to try and find her.

Feeling like a Mother does not always come from the minute you see your baby's sweet face. This is true for women who become Mothers through adoption or through the birthing process.

When Anna came home the stress in my house was crazy add on the stress of a newborn because that is how I viewed Anna and you can only imagine how stressed I felt. Today I feel like I can breath. I felt like I was holding my breath. I was looking back on the early days from when Anna first came home and realized that I put very few pictures of her on the blog.

I am sure that the hours of no sleep was not helpful. There were many nights that Anna was awake crying until about 1 am. Now we have that all straightened out so I do think this is the reason why I am feeling better and starting to enjoy every part of Motherhood.

Some random pictures because I am trying to work on my skills.








Off to do something fun. I'm not sure what that will be but almost everything with Anna is fun now.

5 comments:

Melissa said...

Yeah, I definitely agree. We were sick for a month after we brought COlby home. I was always so unsure of everything. I don't think I realized I was Mommy until somewhere around the holidays, about 8 months after we came home. So many changes occurred between then, losing my grandmother was a big one, I finally caught my breathe around October. And now, celebrating things for the second time is just truly amazing!
Melissa

sunset pines farm said...

she is so cute. Yes, enjoy the time-she will never again be 2. I say this to myself each year as I watch my little girl grow.

Mandy @ The Party of 3 said...

I love this post!! She is beautiful!!!

www.adventureswithaidan.org said...

Awesome. . .

Table for Seven said...

She is so cute!!!! She has changed so much and looks so happy!!!!!!! YOU are a GREAT Mom it shows!!!!!