Friday, April 16, 2010

Our First Family Vacation

Well this is the first time that Anna slept in a bed that was not her own since we came home from Russia so I was a bit worried. When we checked into the hotel (Thank you Priceline for a beautiful hotel for under 40 dollars) we went to the room she checked it out and then wanted out ASAP. Who knew sitting in a hotel lobby would be so much fun. She laughed, giggled and tried them all out. Once we were back in the room she settled down and was asleep in about 10 minutes unlike Gerard.
We made it in one piece. Almost no tears on the ride. The drive took us a little over 4 hours. This is the longest drive she has made since we have gotten home. I guess we are going to have a lot of first on this vacation. Really this was a bit of a test for our up coming Florida vacation. I am still unsure if we will be driving. I guess I will wait to see what the trip home is like. You should have seen her face when I pulled out the portable DVD player.

Okay here is the funny part, we always are stuck next to the people who talk really loud or watch TV all night long. I laid there in the bed listening to the man talk and talk and talk. Honestly I could have gotten past the talking but I did not want to draw attention to it in the hopes Gerard was already asleep. No dice! he finally sat up and said "Why are we always next to the loud people?" Now please understand we both started to laugh but that is not the end. He rooled over to realize that some tiny little elf hd turned on the clock radio very low...hmmm I wonder who that was? We laughed even loud and he swears that I put her up to it but I swear I did not.

We are off to the Zoo and are about 5 minutes away now. Guess who decided to take a nap? You guessed it Anna is fast asleep. More to come.

5 comments:

Melissa said...

So where are you? I bet the zoo will be a lot of fun. I can't wait to bring Colby there. We are hopnig for the aquarium maybe next weekend for his birthday. Have a great trip.
Melissa

www.adventureswithaidan.org said...

Awesome! Can't wait to see you all in a few hours. Hope you're having a great day. . .

What will you all like to eat for dinner? There are a lot of great places near where your staying: Irish, American, Steak, Italian, Mexican. . .Think about it and I call on my way to get Aidan.

See ya!
Stacy

ana said...

Hope you have a fantastic time!!!

Adrienne, Another Ordinary Miracle said...

Okay, so when are you going to FL???????

SO glad Anna traveled well and you all are having a good time!!

Laura said...

Joy: When will you be in FL? I'll be there with Kristina 4/24 - 5/10 seeing the family. I'm flying with K alone and a tad apprehensive but if we could survive a 14 hour flight, I think we'll survive a 5 hour flight!

BTW: LOVED the Easter photos!!!

~Laura :)