Sunday, April 18, 2010

Anna's first date...I mean the first time we met Stacy and Aidan

So I have been teasing Gerard that I am glad we got to meet Aidan and his parents before they started dating more seriously. Stacy and Aidan met us on Friday for dinner at an Irish restaurant, the food was good and the company even better. Aidan I will have you know is quite the gentleman. He likes to start things off by holding the door for his Mother. Now that gets points in my book. He wanted to know what Anna would be eating so that the order was right. He even clarified 'Will Anna be having cheese on her Mac & Cheese or no cheese?' By far however the smoothest move he had for their date was asking the waitress for a new spoon when she dropped hers on the floor and that was after she lost the green play doh behind the booth.

The evening was wonderful and I was sad to see it end. I think it is so nice to be able to talk with someone who really understands the struggles that we face in day to day life. When you parent a child who has not had the benefit of being in a loving home without a Mommy and Daddy things are different. I find myself trying to make others understand the subtle differences but it is just not possible.

I was so excited to meet them that neither of us got our cameras out to get any pictures.

2 comments:

Melissa said...

Oh how sweet! They sounds like a match made in heaven...although I have a cute little boy here too. Glad you had such a nice time. Too bad no photos. Next time..promise.
Melissa

www.adventureswithaidan.org said...

We had a blast!! i still can't believe we didn't do pictures!! Although, mine would have ended up at the embassy on Saturday. . .Can't wait to see you all again--I'll have a new camera by then!