Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Pool season 2009 verses pool season 2010

Last year when Anna came home we only had a couple of days where going into the kiddie pool was okay. Things were so busy and just having days where we could just play in the pool were so few that I was excited especially after this winter to break out the pool.

I have heard from other Mothers of children who were adopted from Russia that the bathtub is something that is a bit stressful for them. Anna was no different. Bath time was not fun at first but Anna did get past that extremely quickly. During the winter there were days that two baths was not out of the question.

But now it is warm and sunny outside so I pulled out the pool. Yes I am a bit of a nut and filled it with warm water from the kitchen sink. The water from the hose was way too cold. Of course I had to take a couple of pictures of her in the pool. What a difference from last year. My baby is growing up.


I just realized I never posted these pictures before or many pictures from when she was first home.

September 2009






April 2010




6 comments:

Kellie said...

Wow, what a difference a few months can make! Anna is so adorable and has changed so much. I love that you used warm water from the sink to fill the pool!

By the way, did you get my email on FB? I need to pick your brain about a few things. ;)

Kellie

Ms. Elaine said...

Is she not the cutest thing! I can't believe is is warm enough to swim. Here in Tennessee it is still quite chilly. It is amazing how much she has changed over the past few months. Thanks for sharing pictures.

Dede said...

That's a big difference! Her hair is so much longer now and she looks older. I love her smile in the next to last photo.

Jane and Jim said...

She's getting cuter and cuter and bigger and bigger!!!
ADORABLE!

Melissa said...

Boy how a year has changed both Anna and Colby. THey are becoming such grown up big kids. I love her long hair and the grin on her face is so adorable. We had a few days of warm weather but the past couple have been rainy and chilly. We want summer!
Melissa

Lakeshore Cottage Living said...

Oh my goodness she is so cute! She has grown so much. YOu are a great Mommy!!!