Sunday, May 2, 2010

Some times this is what you miss

I think it is neat that Anna gets excited. At times she is impatient and that is neat too. In the mornings she has been sleeping in longer then me which is nice because I am able to have a couple of minutes to myself.

When Anna first came home she would wake up slip out of bed a little dazed and confused. That turned into the minute her eyes were open the feet had to touch the ground and roaming around the house was the business at hand. After about a 2 months of that I started to sit where she could see me when she turned the corner and would call her name. At that point she was sleeping with at least 2 stuffed animals she would be clutching both of them or a pillow or her blanket. We would sit on the couch for a couple of minutes. I really enjoyed this time with Anna.

Times have changed again. Even though I do miss seeing her walk around the corner with her animals I think I am really enjoying this change too. Now she calls my name from the bed. The morning here are pretty quiet so I do usually hear her the first time she calls me. Now we snuggle in the bed while I give her a morning bottle. One she is done with that the next thing out of her mouth every morning is "DaDa?"

I think it is neat that she looks for him too. Gerard is never here in the morning except for once a week when I work but he does call every morning to see if she is up. I tell him that she was asking for him but I know seeing the excitement is way better.

I do believe in the old saying of a picture is worth a thousand words. So I had an idea to take her picture while she was waiting for him yesterday to come home. I told him to call when he got close which just made it more exciting for her because she could hear his voice.

Some times these are the things that you miss.






4 comments:

Kami said...

She just makes me smile! I needed that smile today! :) LOVE her ponytails!

vicki said...

joy its been a while since i read your blog and am thrilled to see how well things are going. life i know can be diffucult but your little girl is just adorable and i wanted to tell you that i have been praying for you all even though have not posted (lots of things going on so not much time to blog) i just wanted to tell you that i think your a awesome mommy and i know your little angel loves you dearly, i know you both are crazy about her hehe take care vicki

Ms. Elaine said...

what a great memory to capture...so sweet

Laura said...

You definitely captured a precious moment...one of so many! I, too, get so much joy from the small things our children say or do.

Thanks for sharing, Joy!

~Laura :)