Saturday, April 24, 2010

March of Dimes walk again

The time has come again for the March of Dimes walk. This time I will be be one of many compared to last year when just Amy, her kids and I walked. Anna and Coconut will be participating too! I know this is late notice but I will be walking Sunday morning in Seaside Heights, NJ.

Many children from the United States and Russia are prematurely or with a birth defect. The March of Dimes is instrumental in helping these children through research and public education. Good prenatal care can help expecting mothers to become educated about the miracle of pregnancy.

I am not a pro-choice. There I said it. I have encountered many children who have had birth defects and have died as a result of those defects. I am pro education and I am pro prenatal testing. Here is my reason why I am pro prenatal testing. Not every hospital is equipped to care for a preterm neonate. Not every NICU is equipped to care for a child who needs cardiac surgery (This is just one example) so I feel that by prenatal testing can help determine where the best place is for your baby to be born.

I promise pictures after I am finished walking. If you would like to donate there is a button on the sidebar. I think this day will be interesting because first of all I will be walking rain or shine and second I am not really sure how I am going to keep Anna off the beach and on the boardwalk. Wish me luck I am going to need it, 10:00 am is fast approaching.

1 comment:

Melissa said...

Good luck. That's a great cause ti walk for. I know you can make it!
Melissa