Friday, April 23, 2010

The Russian Embassy Easter Party...Sorry Im late

For the past 17 years the Ambassador of Russia has hosted an Easter party for children who have been adopted from Russia to the United States. I could not believe my luck when I saw the news about this in the FRUA chat room. I looked at my calender and as luck would have it I was going to be off. Funny how things work.

Before the party we decided to meet up with Stacy, Pat and Aidan at their home and venture into their town for a flower show. I love that kind of stuff so for me I was in heaven. We got to talk, walk and just relax before we left for the party. Truth be told I was a bit nervous about going and feared that our every move would be closely monitored.



Anna wore her pale blue Easter dress which I love and Aidan wore his cowboy boots which Anna loved. A portion of the party was a preformance by the Russian children. There was singing and dancing. I heard one of the boys behind me speaking in Russian. My guess is that he was adopted as an older child and still understood some Russian. If you could have seen the smile on his face you would have just melted.





After singing and dancing refreshments were served down stairs. Anna enjoyed a chocolate eclair and I had a diet soda. Gerard ate the rest of the food. The Easter bunny also made an appearence and Anna just could not believe her eyes. For some reason she LOVES the Easter bunny. I would say she made at least 6 trips back to the bunny to make sure he was still there.




The best entertainment however for both Anna and Aidan was the stroller...No not the one to the right in the picture that one is Anna's...No not the one to the left in the picture that is Aidan's but the stranger's stroller. They took turns pushing each other around in the stroller. Anna figured it out quick that she really liked it when Aidan pushed her instead of her pushing him. Some might say I should not have let Anna play with the stroller but I say anything to keep her happy in this situation and I am sure the stroller's owner felt the same way. The funny thing is on our way out the door we met the owner of the stroller and we all laughed at how much our kids liked it.






On our walk back to the cars slowly because our time in Washington was coming to an end and I was sad to go, we stopped for a picture in front of the Embassy. After much fooling around we were able to get a couple of good shots. My personal favorites were theses ones.

I love this picture because it turned into the picture below. He is a sweet gentile little man.





Do you think they were done getting there pictures taken?



Once back at the cars we said our good byes. I changed Anna into driving clothes and within a couple of blocks she was out cold for close to 2 hours of our trip home.



Have no fear she did wake up and thought perhaps traveling home on horse would be faster.



I'm not really sure why this did not post earlier in the week. Sorry everyone who was looking forward to reading about the party.

5 comments:

www.adventureswithaidan.org said...

These are awesome pictures! I really love the ones of the kids playing with the stroller. . .I just finished the invitations to Aidan's birthday party and have been instructed by him to send one to our new friends we met last weekend! Where should I send it? : )

We had a blast and look forward to doing it again soon!
Stacy, Pat and Aidan

Melissa said...

I love the photos. It looks like oyu had a great time. Maybe next year..... I love the photo of the kids hugging. How sweet!
Melissa

Rich and Jolynn said...

They are fast friends. What a great trip. Thanks for sharing.

Julie said...

I just enjoy your posts so much!! They are like little fresh daisies!!

ana said...

That is a beautiful dress! She looks like an angel! How great that you got to go!