Saturday, December 20, 2008

Winter Gathering to Amuse Joy Event



Today in between shopping for those last minute gifts my friend Nancy planned a Winter Gathering Event to Amuse Joy. Nancy, Lynn and I went to a local park to make kissing balls. Believe it or not it took 2 hours from start to finish to complete the kissing balls. They are made of a small round piece of Styrofoam painted red. Then a long push pin was put through one end then into the ball. I hung mine outside for the birds.

I was lucky because I still had my camera in the car. I took a couple of pictures of the park and would have taken more except it was COLD! I would say that the temperature dropped about 20 degrees while we were busy making our kissing balls. This park had been a working cranberry bog up until 1993. The park has many buildings including a farm house. I hope to go there again in the spring. I find it amazing that this park is in the middle of a town that I lived in for many years as a teenager and I never knew it was there.







Here is the Marshmallow recipe that I used. Total time to make was about 20 minutes and they were very easy.

6 comments:

Barb said...

Those are beautiful! Loved all the photos,
Barb

jaimejaimelynnlynn said...

I wonder where that park is? Also, I am glad to see you posted the marshamellow recipe! I shared the ones you gave me with monique and lil' charlie and they were also fans! I would like to try putting one on top of a homemade HOT Chocolate and s'mores in the summer!

Kevin T. said...

Those are so pretty! I love the park pictures. Thanks for the marshmallow recipe!

MBKimmy said...

They are very pretty! Merry Christmas!

Carey and Norman said...

How fun. What a wonderful idea. The balls are beautiful and festive too.

Carey and Norman said...

Merry Christmas, Joy!