Monday, December 22, 2008

My First Blogger Award!



This honor was given to me my my fellow blogger friend Barb who has recently come home from Russia. Her posts about Gotcha day were so moving to me. I encourgage you to read this blog.

6 Things that make me Happy!

1. The smell of baking bread. I think there is nothing more intoxicating then the smell of baking bread. My Mother among other things was a baker. When I was a little girl she would bake bread. I have never been able to perfect the art of baking bread.

2. Going to the beach with an ICE cold diet soda. I love to swim in the ocean and because I live in New Jersey really the only time you can swim in the ocean is in August and early September. I love it when the water is not too cold and I can easily dive into a wave. I love the salty taste of the water.

3. When my nieces and nephews call me or stop by. I honestly believe that they will never know how hard I have worked to be in their lives. Because I was so young (like 12) when most of them were born it could have been easy to not be in their lives. I just love talking to them. They are funny, bright and quirky. They all have a great sense of humor.

4. Having things paid for in full. I am a bit of a freak I love t watch the balance of a loan or credit card decrease. I have spread sheets detailing when a bill will be paid off completely.

5. I love tasting new foods. The crazier the better. I would love to take a cooking class if I had the time. I love to watch cooking shows.

6. Making things. I am happiest when my hands are busy and productive. I love to make all sort of different things. I could not imagine not having a project started. The funny thing is I usually give away everything. I have only one quilt that I have kept for myself and one that I started for my baby.

Now it is my turn to award 6 others with this honor:
So here are my picks:
Jolynn
PeWee
Carrie
Joanne
Jaime
Melissa

5 comments:

Carey and Norman said...

Baking Bread....oh, that sounds heavenly right now.

I hope you have a Merry Christmas!!

Melissa said...

I LOVE the smell of fresh baked bread too. That and warm cookies. Have a wonderful Christmas.
Melissa

Deb said...

I gave you an award too. It's on Sunday's post.
I love #4! I'm the same way.

Anonymous said...

i loved learning some things about you!

Kevin T. said...

Hi Joy,
We have lots in common. I love making things too - I always seem to need to be in the middle of a project too! I hope you & Gerard have an great holiday with your families!! Looking forward to the amazing things coming up for the two of you this new year!! Teresa