Monday, December 1, 2008

9 Months Along



This weekend marked my ninth month of being paperwork pregnant or 40 weeks if you measure the time according to the estimated date of confinement (EDC) wheel that I use at work to determine if a baby is full term or not. I am doing pretty good with the wait but I do have a few questions that I think I will have to ask of my agency today.

One thing that I have always thought was really neat was when other adoptive parents do a one year look back on special days. What if today is my baby's actual first birthday?? Here I am writing about something silly.

Well I did buy one thing this morning, a book. A real book not one on CD. I love books on CD because I love to listen to them in my car. Since I still do not have a car I guess I will have to resort to actually reading this book. The book that I bought is call Beyond Consequences, Logic, and Control.

I have read where others on FRUA have thought that this book was extremely helpful to me as they learn to parent their children. I hope to be as prepared as I can be so I think this is a step in the right direction.

Bye for now off to make a few phone calls that I have been avoiding. As far as for buying a car. I got my check and I know this sounds crazy but I still have not decided on the big decisions like what type, how much and so on. I know I do not want a black car and that I do want leather seats so I guess that is a start. Ever since the accident I have been experiencing flashbacks of the accident. This is weird for me because I drive EVERYWHERE and never thought about it before. I know this will pass.

8 comments:

MBKimmy said...

Good luck with the car buying - i know for me I feel best in a larger car - feel like my babies are protected!

The Gum Gang said...

Good luck with your agency questions. I think you have done great during this waiting period. As a fellow PAP, I know how frustrating this phase can be!

Rich and Jolynn said...

With a smile in my voice, that is what I tell myself. It is so hard for me to ask the agency questions but you have to. I am sending you girl power:), as well as PAP POWER, Go for it!

Sorry to hear you are thinking about the accident. I hope the new car makes it all better.

Carey and Norman said...

Looking forward to seeing what vehicle you pick!!

Congrats on 9 months waiting...any more news on when you anticipate a referral?

Deb said...

Good luck with the car shopping. Good time of year to do it, lots of sales.

Happy 9 months. Hope your agency can answer all your questions.

Another good book is The Connected Child.

Kevin T. said...

Hi Joy, I hope all goes well talking with your agency. I pray they have positive news! Have fun buying the new car - That should keep your mind off of the adoption (at least for a little while!) After reading all your comments, I looked into the Scion and it is so cute, expecially from 2008 (not as boxy). I wish I could get one- Not in our budget right now!

Lakeshore Cottage Living said...

So how was the conversation? I hope you got some answers...
And is there a new car in your driveway?

Hang in there...something has got to happen soon and then it will all fall in place and you will know exactly why you had to wait...the precious baby will be worth every minute of it all.

Roger and Joanne said...

Wow...I think you read my mind. I have some of the very same positive/negative emotions running through my head. I have also switched agencies, but am still trying to hold on to hope that they haven't forgot me and the right child will be mine. (But very soon I hope!) I, too, wouldn't have wanted to travel in the winter, but right now...Bring It On!
I hope we both hear something great very very soon!

-Joanne